Graphics card help for desktop computer

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by et94, Aug 17, 2009.

1. et94

et94 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so today i went to ask about graphics card for the cheapest one and he said $39 for a 1gb graphics card i was like WHAT?! i couldn't believe it and i asked if it could play cod 4 and he said yes and it can also play left 4 dead but he said not at a high resolution and also he said he wouldn't get it though because its low range but what does it mean by that why is it low range i mean its 1gb and he wouldn't tell me why he said he wouldn't get it but then he says he doesn't know what is bad about it sigh. so why is it bad? can you tell me this is the model btw can you tell me why its so cheap if its 1gb

sapphire ddr2 1gb pci-e for desktop computer

thanks guys
  2. Led

Led Banned

The ammount of memory does not make a graphics card good or not. I would voice my opinion in of the card, but that is not the model number.
  3. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

You have to be more specific. You didn't mention what the GPU was. It's important to note that video cards have seperate Vendors and families. The vendor (Sapphire in this case) is actually usually the last thing you should look at. The GPU is the first.

For example, I have a MSI HD 4890 (called the 'R4890') 1gb GDDR5. (Oh, and it came with a nice cooler stock

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

But yes, be more specific.
  4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Memory means nothing.