Graphic EQ?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sdschramm, Jan 25, 2009.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know this has been brought up many times in the last 1.5 years since the iPod touch first came out - but why isn't there a way to set up my own EQ? I'm sure we can all agree that the built in EQ's all SUCK! All they do is make the music sound worse by distorting it. Why can't there be an app or some way that gives us a user customizable EQ so we can set things the way WE want it.

For example, on my Mac, I use Audio Hijack Pro when playing music because I can set a 31 band EQ, add things like reverb, etc. and the sound that that app can send to (even the standard iPod earphones) is unbelievable! The bass can be thumping the earphones out of your ears while the highs are crisp and the mid range clean.

Why can't I take that kind of audio performance with me in my iPod?

-Scott
  2. sentinel

sentinel New Member

• Immature or obscene comments
    because apple is retarded
  3. nytrancemaster88

nytrancemaster88 New Member

good pint takin APPLE PUT A GAWD DAWG GRAPHIC EQ MOFO's some of us like to fine tune our music
  4. cokewater

cokewater New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    jeez, why do people care so much about stupid stuff like copy and paste when there is no graphic EQ yet?!?
  5. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It may be because of battery life, believe it or not. When you play an un-equalizer song, all it has to do is read a file. When you use the equalizer, it has to process the song with preset conditions to equalize. When creating your own, it would likely take even more battery than the presets.
  6. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    True, but every model they always seem to make better batteries so eventually using a little extra power like that won't be that big of a deal. and again, it would be optional so if you where running low on power or wanted to save power, you could just shut it off and play your music longer. Or, if you really wanted to jam out, you could turn on the custom EQ to make the music sound good and just realize that the battery will run down a little faster and you may miss the last song before the battery dies.
  7. cokewater

cokewater New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    graphic eq would be totally doable without a battery at all, just plug the iphone to a power source, like a car's cigarette lighter
  8. sentinel

sentinel New Member

you sent me a disciplinary notice for that? i thought that free speech existed on the internet, and it wasn't anything outlandish. Is this site run by like 8 year old's?

I bet you'll do the same for this post... go figure.
  9. Jurgen121

Jurgen121 New Member

+1 I completely agree, the presets that allready there suck. In my opinion music is nothing without good sound, it doesn't bother me if the battery runs out faster, all I want is good sound.

Excuse my english, I'm from sweden, it's 8.00AM here so it's pretty hard to express myself in a foreign language

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)