Grant user admin rights, install itune, ungrant rights?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by PleezAcceptThisUserName, Aug 3, 2009.

1. PleezAcceptThisUserName

PleezAcceptThisUserName New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    On Windows XP, installing iTunes requires admin rights. However, it is not good to use an admin account for regular work. For the Palm Desktop, the workaround was to grant admin rights to the user account, install the application using the user-turn-admin account, then ungrant admin rights. Will this last step cause problems for iTunes, or does iTunes require admin rights for its regular operation (outside of being installed)?
  2. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you can install it on the admin account granting access to all other accounts but only use it on your 'working' account. I only use one admin account on my pc and i've never had problems.
  3. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    why is is not good to use admin account for regular work? why do you not have admin rights?
  4. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Judgeing by your sig I'm assumming you have linux exeriance have you ever noticed when doing regular work you don't have admin permissions then you need to log in to root to do any big changes its for security reasons
    but the concept behind logging in to root is to complicated for the average windows user so they don't to it
  5. PleezAcceptThisUserName

PleezAcceptThisUserName New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If the account gets compromised somehow when I'm working, less damage can be done if it isn't an admin account. Also, I make some pretty dumb mistakes sometimes, and less damage can be done if it is on a nonadmin account.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Thank you.

I find it odd that such a question doesn't seem answerable on the microsoft newgroup site, nor on usenet.
  6. KeneticSight

KeneticSight New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i use admin account anyway i dont really care