Grado sr-60i's.....questions?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by bananaman22, Jun 13, 2009.

1. bananaman22

bananaman22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey guys, im looking at buying the grado sr-60i's at baybloorradio. they're currently 119.95cad new, and im wondering if thats a good price for em. also, do you think they're worth getting? i know they're grado, and grado's own, but still-not every headhone by grado is amazing (i think?)

so, anyone have any experience with these headphones? thanks!
  2. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I have the sr80i's and they are a great phone - the sr60s tend to have a slightly warmer sound in my opinion but there isnt much of a difference.

Grados tend to have realy high highs (can you say that acctualy?) They are not everymens thing but if you enjoy them they are an awesome pair of headphones. What you should consider tho is that the headphones theirself can be sometimes uncomfortable. You can sometimes feel the metal in the headband for example. Also if you realy want to enjoy the grados on longer periods you should change the pads - The standart pads are kinda itchy. The replacement pads that are recommend are from the Sennheiser HD414 - You can mod those to even get out some more high freqs. (reversed quarter mod). The build might look kinda cheap in my opinion but the headphones theirself are realy well build. The cord is thick and long. If you want to go with those on the street you should think about recabling or a way to hide those cables.

As for the price I have paid 115,120euro for both of mine from the Uk. If I had bought them here I would have paid 175euro - but its germany most of the stuff here is realy much pricier then the stuff in usa...

Another option would also be the alessandro ms1 - It has the driver of the Grado Sr125 and costs 99$ on their website - If you can find that one its surely the better way to go.

If you want to know anything else about the phones let me know they are pretty much comparable to the sr80s in my opinion.