gpsPhone wont work...

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by fraziankidd, Jul 17, 2009.

1. fraziankidd

fraziankidd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok so i manually downloaded the 6.0.5 gpsPhone and i put the bios bin file in the ROMs folder...i set the permissions of the bios bin file to 0755...and the actual gpsphone file to 0755 as well...but everytime i click on the gpsPhone icon, the regular screen with the man with a tv head shows up but then it closes out...i dont know what i am doing wrong, please help!
    ps i am using 2.2.1 fw on an 2g ipod
  2. dukeidude

dukeidude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i think you might need to update to 3.0

i've had this problem and I just think that the newer version is supported better through 3.0
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    shiiii, now i have the SAME problem. Its now on my touch, and I downloaded the gba bios, but now it crashes at the guy with the "Z" head... please help
  3. TheCatGoesMeow

TheCatGoesMeow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm having the same exact problem. I've already downloaded all the necessary stuff and it simply crashes at the loading screen. I've tried setting the permissions of the gpSPhone.app folder to '0755' (as well as the GBA folder) and still no luck. I've also tried reinstalling it over and over, but to no avail. This is really pissing me off.
  4. jitska

jitska New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why don't you download it on cydia? 0.o
  5. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    some ideas...

1- many ipod touch 2g users reported to zottd that gpsphone 6.0.5 was crashing on start just like yours
    they said they fix that in the current update 6.1.0, and some minor improvements
    -P.S i tried 6.0.1, 6.0.5, and 6.1.0 all worked. i also manually downloaded all of them

so for the solution maybe you just need to upgrade to 6.1.0, if i could i will give you a link, but thats against the rules.

also i would recommend to set permissions of your bios file along with your roms to 777 instead of 755

make sure your bios file and your roms are in var/mobile/media/roms/GBA
  6. fraziankidd

fraziankidd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i tried doing that and i rebooted twice but the icon still wont appear...please help
    it says i have it on cydia but i have no idea what to do...
  7. iiX Miami Xii

iiX Miami Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I had this same problem when I updated to 6.0.5.

Solution that might work *It worked for me* I downloaded Poof App off of cydia.

Open poof*obviously*
    Scroll down a bit until you see Gpshone
    If yes is highlighted in blue, click no, respring open poof again then click yes and reboot
    If no if highlighted click yes and reboot
  8. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    mmm...

IF this doesn't work you can install it also with MOBILE TERMINAL download that app from cydia

1) Copy gpSPhone6.1.0.deb into your var/mobile/ and set its permissions to 777
    2)Open Mobile Terminal which you can download from cydia and follow these commands:

* type in su then push return
    * you will see password so type in "alpine" then push return (unless changed the root password which is alpine) (FYI, WHEN TYPING THE PW, IT DOESNT SHOW UP BUT IT IS BEING IMPUTED)
    * Now that your logged in you should see that terminal reads your in var/mobile directory
    * Now type this in exactly: dpkg -i gpSPhone6.1.0.deb (or what ever the name of your deb file is)
    * push return and it should have installed so just respring or reboot and your done

after that remember to
    download the bios file from the internet

copy it to var/mobile/media/roms/GBA and set its permissions to 777 along with any roms that you currently have
    (from wincsp select all your roms and the bios file, right click and select properties to set permissions to 777 )
  9. fraziankidd

fraziankidd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thank you, i will try to do this!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i dont know what im doing wrong but everything you guys told me did not work...
    thanks a lot for your help though!
    i really appreciate it...