gpSPhone-Question

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by smontgfx, May 20, 2008.

1. smontgfx

smontgfx New Member

Hello iPod touch fans. Ive added many sources to my Installer and there is many different categories, and there is also many other spots to download gpSPhone. I downloaded the gpSPhone from: iRom FuSiOn Repository and i am able to use some ROMS from one category but when i install other Roms they dont show up on my games list on the gpSPhone but they are installed does anyone know whats wrong?
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

What firmware are you on?
    If you are on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 then the Roms should be in var/root/media/ROMs/GBA (this exact spelling)
    If on 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 then the Roms should be in var/mobile/media/ROMs/GBA (this exact spelling)

I would suggest to download gpsPhone from http://zodttd.com/repo/ since he is the developer and the new version looks for Roms in both file paths.

Also make sure the Rom's permissions are set to 755. SSH to find this out. More info on SSH here

Good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. smontgfx

smontgfx New Member

Don't i also have to have the bio's too?
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

For gpsPhone yes, but for gameboy I don't think one is required.

To get the bios, just google it (it is illegal for anyone to post it up on the site)
  5. smontgfx

smontgfx New Member

ALright thanks i think it worked, but also i have another question. If i have ROMs on my comp in a zip file and im using Total COmmander what file do i insert in the .../ROMs/GBA/ Folder Because i have some that i want to put on there that no one has on the sources so.
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

For GBA, unzip the roms and then there will be files that end in .gba. Those will be the ones to drop in ~/Media/ROMs/GBA. After you drag and drop them, you will need to right-click and change permissions to 755.

That should be it.
  7. smontgfx

smontgfx New Member

Where do i right click?