gpSPhone problem.. pls help!

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by chadvalencia11, Apr 17, 2008.

1. chadvalencia11

chadvalencia11 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    My ipod touch FW is 1.1.4 Im just new to this Jailbreaking thing, plus i don't have a wifi, but i go to the mall to use the installer. I used the ZodTTD.com/repo/ source thingy, and downloaded the gpSPhone Version 1.5.0 and when i got home, i search the internet and read some of the other threads and trying them out, and i saw this Total commander 7.02a and i tried it out, and followed the instuctions given and used the plugin T-pot

but all i can see is this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

there is no /var/root/Media/ROMs/GBA thingy

but in my ipod, i can see the gpSPhone...

2. Z0m

Z0m Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i had the same problem its because on firmware 1.1.4 everything saves to "mobile" instead of "root"

all you have to do is when you are in root you should just see a library folder make a Media one and inside that make your ROMs and in that make GBA and put your roms there.

you will also need a gba_bios you can search google for it and download that and put it in the gpsPhone application folder

everything should work fine
  3. PAEz

PAEz New Member

Well actually its likely that you used Ziphone and it doesnt do it exactly right.
    You need to add i.unlock.no as a source in installer.app (using wifi unfortunately), and then looking in Unlocking Tools for ZiPhone iBrickr Fix and installing it.
    Turn your iTouch off and on and it should now work.
    It did for me. I had the same prob with iPhoneBrowser and now everything is fine. Apparently alot of apps have this prob. Including this one that might interest you......
    http://code.google.com/p/igopher/downloads/list
    ...it allows you to install apps through your usb from your pc, could be helpfull to you.
    But until you can do this your actually in luck....your at the directory where you need to create your roms directory. The directory your seeing is /var/mobile/Media/ ...you create your roms directory in var/mobile/Media not var/root/Media because your on 1.1.4...so just create the ROMs/GBA directory in the one your in.

iPhoneBrowser
    http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list

iGopher - Quick intstructions
    connect your ipod
    Run it
    It wont come up until it has finished updating its sources
    Pick the stuff you want to install
    Click Files and select Export Script
    it will download all the things you wanted, transfer them to the ipod and then replace your Installers sources with one that points to the files that it transfered to the ipod
    goto Installer on your ipod and install the things you wanted.
    ..when you want to go back to the usual internet based sources in Installer on your ipod then....
    connect your ipod
    click iPod and select Restore sources
    this will make iGopher restore the backed up sources list it replaced with its local list
    remember to do this before you go out, incase you want to down things the normal way through Installer from the internet
    ...oh and this iGopher thing worked for me....just thought id give it a go...and im on 1.1.4 ziphone and did the fix
  4. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

just download iPhone PC Browser
    awesome app, does everything and no fix required
  5. chadvalencia11

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i don't get it.. what do i have to do exactly in iGopher?? do i still need WiFi for it?
    or i just have to get the fix and use the Total Commander?
    damn im really confused...
  6. PAEz

PAEz New Member

OK...not sure how to explain without repeating myself but here goes

Next time your at the mall, install the fix.
    This fix will allow iGopher iPhoneBrowser, T-pot and others to see all of your iPod.
    iGopher will allow you to install things to your iPod through the normal installer without WiFi....once you do the fix.

And the other thing i mentioned is that your at the right spot to create the roms directory.....
    Or to say it another way....the directory your picture shows right now is the correct place to create your roms directory.....reread my above post.

Also, next time your at the mall...install MobileFinder...this will allow you to do some file operations on your iPod, no PC needed.

Sickly_slick:
    Where can I download iPhone PC Browser....whenever I go looking for it (google/here) all I find is iPhoneBrowser....its just that if theres an app that can browse the whole iPod without the fix then Id like a copy, could help people in the future.
  7. chadvalencia11

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    thank you very much PAEz
    now i can play whatever GBA games i want^__^
    thank you so much!!!!!
  8. Ohnodonho

Ohnodonho New Member

I'm a little new, but I have problems with gpsphone. I've tried all combinations of setting permissions for the folders but I still can't even "see" my roms. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed my problem. It turns out it just wasn't recognizing my roms. I tested that theory out by using different roms, and it recognized them. So, thanks, I guess...
  9. chadvalencia11

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    can somebody help me again? i cant save

Click HERE to read THIS