gpsPhone on ipod touch 1.1.4?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by shinobi4, Mar 12, 2008.

1. shinobi4

shinobi4 New Member

1st off, is the gpsphone supposed to work on the ipod touch 1.1.4. If so, I need help trying to find a place to put the BIOS.bin file in the ipod. So from reading all the tutorials, it says you need to put that file in Applications/gpSPhone.app/. I went ahead and connected through winscp, keep hitting back until I'm at the very first level of all the folders, and I do see an Applications folder. However when i double click to open my applications folder, I get an error message: error listing directory private/var/applications. no such file or directory. error code 2.

Any idea what i;m doing wrong?
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Did you use bosstools to move your applications?

That error sounds suspicious...
  3. shinobi4

shinobi4 New Member

i believe i did move it with boss tools to make room. am i not supposed ever move applications? anyways to find where the folder was moved to?
  4. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    its moved to the drive that stores your music aka the primary drive which means that when ever u download apps they take up space in the primary drive other than the other one, so for instance when syncing on itunes, u will see an "Other" section which is orange this section contains all the apps,games etc. that u download from installer
  5. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

yea bios goes in the same folder as the app, not sure why your getting an error. i did the bosstool thing and mine are fine (im on 1.1.3)
  6. shinobi4

shinobi4 New Member

so where is the folder, i cannot find it through the back end with winscp? I need to find the folder so I can put the bios file. Where is the directory? Like I said when i click on applications folder, i get that error message. did the folder get moved or is something not set up properly. And I should probably mention what i did originaly, which may or may not have any bearing to whats going on. I was initially on jailbreak 1.1.3, got everything to work properly, then used boss tools to move applications, this was months ago. then recently i decided to upgrade to 1.1.4. So i restored my jailbroken 1.1.3 to apples original 1.1.4 and then followed instruction to hard break the 1.1.4. Everything went smoothly, all my apps are running perfect now onjailbreak 1.1.4. Now I'm just trying to get gps phone running. And this is the only hiccup i've encountered. Do you think my moving apps with bosstools when i was on the 1.1.3, had something to do with my missing folder? I'm under the impression that all folders and settings revert to its default when i restored back to the original 1.1.4. IF so then what happened to my applications folder, where is it. What should I do, helppppp?
  7. stromboli1994

stromboli1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try installing an ARCF2 fix, just add the source fireonfive.com/repo to installer, and i think it's under 'tweaks 1.1.3' i'm not sure it'll work, so not guarantees.
  8. Milk Man

Milk Man New Member

ok so what if you're using total commander cause I don't see an applications folder anywhere with that program just goes straight to like the apps so where do I put the bios files when using that?