gpSPhone Issues on iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by onearmedscissor61, Jul 13, 2009.

1. onearmedscissor61

onearmedscissor61 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey everybody. I just installed gpSPhone on my iPod Touch (paid the $6), and I obtained the BIOS through Cydia, and I loaded some ROMs into the folder. I have confirmed with Fugu that all files are in the correct folders, and I have set the permissions for all files and folders to 777. Here is the issue I am experiencing:

When I start gpSPhone, it takes me to the loading screen. Image of a man in a suit, with a Z where his head should be, and the words "Now Loading..." "gpSPhone", and "ZODTDD Home of Homebrew". It sits at that screen for maybe two and a half seconds, then it just kicks me right back to the Home screen. gpSPhone isn't still running in the background, I checked with the "Processes" function in SBSettings.

I'm at a loss to figure out what the problem is. I've reinstalled gpSPhone and the BIOS twice now, and it didn't change anything. I'm running firmware 2.2.1 on an iPod Touch 2G. snes4iphone works fine, as does NES. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
  2. Xx-pFizZLE-xX

Xx-pFizZLE-xX Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    might be memory problems?? try running gpsphone while ur ipod is in safemode. --> sbsettings, power, safe mode
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Are you on 3.0? It will not work if your not. If you are on 3.0 try changing the permissions of gpsphone.app and its contents to 755 or 777.

Edit: Just noticed you did say your on 2.2.1 thats the problem. You need to upgrade.
  4. *stars*

*stars* New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im having the same problem (2G ipod touch 2.2.1 fw), but i thought this new upgrade v6.0.5 was for both 3.x and 2.x i think i read it on zodttd.com. any other solutions anybody can think of?
  5. pacoococoo

pacoococoo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how do u do that? putting it at 755 or 777?