gpsphone help, keeps reinstalling

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Hiimdaniel, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Hiimdaniel

Hiimdaniel New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I downloaded the free gpsphone from the zodttd source. Everything was all fine and good, but then i noticed something odd. Anytime I downloaded anything else from cydia, it would list FREE gpsphone in the install package, along with whatever i was really trying to download. and now nothing will download at all, because evertime i try it just shows an error message "/var/cache/apt/archives/com.zodttd.gpsphone_6.7.0_iphoneos-arm.deb" trying to overwrite '/applications/gpSPhone.app/controller.fs0.png', which is also in package com.zijric.gpsphone" I'm totally lost. and i cant download anything else until this problem is out of the way. maybe theres a way to do it with terminal?
  2. Retro.Kicks.Ass

Retro.Kicks.Ass Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    did you download the file GBA BIOS (I think that's what it's called)
    Apparently gpsphone doesn't run without it so maybe the same goes with the free version?
    but I dont know, so apart from that, that's all I can do to try to help. Good luck!
  3. Hiimdaniel

Hiimdaniel New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I downloaded the bios and the app works fine, it just keeps redownloading with every package I try to download.
  4. CharginMiLazor

CharginMiLazor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i know what ur prob is, i had it to.. ok u uninstall the gpSPhone u have now, then search gpSPhone, if im correct u will prob have more then one, one called gpSPhone (official) and the free version install the FREE version, and then download roms (the source u use for roms should include the gpSPhone u MUST download the gpsphone from the source or u will get it again) also ur roms will still be there
  5. xX_Dog_Food_Xx

xX_Dog_Food_Xx New Member

Device:
    iPad
    the one from the iRom Repo, the one that is v. 6.7.0, doesn't work on 3.1.x.