gpsphone 5.0 saves

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by eric780, May 19, 2009.

1. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I just recently download gpsphone 5.0 just to play pokemon or whatever. Fun

Please Register or Log in to view images

I never had any old saves so that rules out. When I click menu, I go to quit to menu, all the options crash gpsphone. Then i click save current file, and more than half the time gpsphone crashes. When it doesn't crash, each time it saves into a new load file. This is ridiculous, I thought problems like this were already fixed?
  2. blaqkie

blaqkie New Member

Things like this rarely happen because everyone is doing just fine with their emulators.

-Go to Cydia, reinstall gpSPhone 5.0.0.
    -Then take your gba_bios.bin and one ROM and put it into /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA
    -Then open Winscp on Windows, and then open the terminal. (If on a Mac, open Terminal or wherever you go to execute commands for your iPod)

-Then in Terminal, execute the following commands, one by one:

chmod -R 777 /Applications/gpSPhone.app
    chmod -R 777 /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA
    mkdir -p /var/mobile/Documents
    chmod 777 /var/mobile/Documents
    rm -rf /var/mobile/Documents/mobclix.db
    rm -rf /var/mobile/Documents/mobciix.db

When you are done, disconnect your iPod from Terminal (and SSH if you're using Winscp) and then reboot your iPod.

Then you can put the rest of your ROMs into the folder I posted above, and you can succesfully use gpSPhone. If that doesn't work, then simply your iPod is messed up, because these commands are the final, and last way to fix it.

Cheers.
  3. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I followed your directions, but gpsphone sometimes still crashes when I save. Maybe I could be that I'm low on memory?

When i reinstalled it through cydia, all my ROMs were still there. Then I removed, and Installed it; my ROMs were still there.
  4. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

ive discovered that every time you jailbrake your device, something else doesnt work. every once on a while, youll get lucky. like last time i jailbroke, my gpsphone had the same problems as yours. i had to restore cuz i installed a beta from cydia that i shouldnt have. so i rejailbroke, and now i got one of the lucky jailbrakes. everything i use thats not part of the original firmware works like a charm. thats what i say. so in other words, backup all the files you deem important, restore, then rejailbrake ad put your cool file back. thats all