gpSPhone 5.0.0 NO fullscreen?

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by slipperyfrog, Apr 24, 2009.

1. slipperyfrog

slipperyfrog New Member

I just recently installed gpSPhone 5.0.0 on my ipod touch 2g with firmware 2.2.1.

the games are all running well and i even added a custom controller skin. however, whether i play in portrait OR landscape mode, my game appears in the same small rectangle.

i have turned scaling off and it still remains in this small rectangle. also, when i reload gpSPhone, scaling is always turned ON by default.

for some reason, even with scaling OFF, i cannot get a full screen game to load in landscape mode. does anybody know how to fix this?

thank you for reading and helping,
    slipperyfrog
  2. sfpsp

sfpsp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Scaling should be on. Try turning it off and on.
    I guess it wasn't taking effect when you load the app. (Or maybe it's the skin).
  3. slipperyfrog

slipperyfrog New Member

hey sfpsp,

what do you mean by turning it off and on? everytime i open gpSPhone, scaling is defaulted to ON. i have tried turning it off and then loading the game, but it is still in the same small rectangle. i exit and open the program again, but it is defaulted back to ON.

is there some sort of setting that is overriding my change?

even when scaling says off after i switch it, the game loads in the small rectangle.
  4. lalaland99

lalaland99 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    fullscreen mode is with scaling on and skin#2 and Landscape mode only
  5. slipperyfrog

slipperyfrog New Member

ty that worked, you are a godsend
  6. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been having this same problem! Thank you so much lalaland! Like slipperyfrog said, you are a godsend

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm going on a four-and-a-half hour trip to New York tomorrow, so I'm gonna need some good GBA games to keep me occupied.
  7. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    look above their names at the date, thats when this was posted
  8. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't care about when it was made. It's a topic that's meant to be posted in. Show me a rule that prohibits bumping.

Lock the topic if bumping is so much of a bother to you... None of the other forums I go to care about bumps. And almost everyone here throws a b*tchfit whenever I bump. It's very annoying, to be honest...
  9. derek420

derek420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't see the problem with Ninten's post, he/she was obviously looking for an answer and found it, so he/she wanted to say thanks. No biggie. I had the same question and just got the answer, so I'll throw in my thanks too.