GPS is not working after 2.0 update

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by irodex, Jul 31, 2008.

1. irodex

irodex New Member

Hi guys.

I was on 1.1.5 non-jailbreak and was able to connect to Skyhook to get my location fine, I then updated to 2.0 jailbreak and now I can not get a connection/lock from the exact same spot in my house. This is very frustrating...am I doing something wrong? Anyone else have this problem?
  2. trejo818

trejo818 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i thought the gps feature was only for iphone 3G, or are you talking about a gps program?
  3. shitpan

shitpan Banned

i think hes talking about the maps, not gps.
  4. jdawson

jdawson New Member

Skyhook Wireless hybrid positioning system that combines, Cell tower triangulation and Wi-Fi Positioning.

It should continue to work in 2.0 but as it is also based on Cell tower triangulation and Wi-Fi Positioning it is important that if this is an iPhone your on the same cell netwok or if an iPod touch that you have the same wireless netwokrs showing and you MUST be one one of the wireless networks at the time. It must connect accross the internet to look up your location. So just seeing lots of wifi will not work you must be login to ONE of the wifi networks.