GPS doesn't work on Ipod Touch 3G? HELP!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Alimaniac, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Alimaniac

Alimaniac New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm located in Pakistan and trying to use the Maps application, and even with location services turned on, I get a message saying my location cannot be determined. Google maps works fine on my Blackberry here. So why isn't it working on Ipod Touch? Anyone have a clue?
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    iPod touch does not have GPS functionality, only the iPhone does.
  3. Alimaniac

Alimaniac New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thanks for that info jamil. but if that's the case, how exactly do 'location services' work? and how do you use the various maps applications? by the way i have 64 gb ipod touch 3G.
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    It works by triangulating the signal of geotagged WiFi hotspots.
  5. Frodo_Baggins

Frodo_Baggins New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is this service only available in the US? and also How does it load the maps on the google maps app if it doesn't have a working internet connection? Unless it connects to the Geo wifi networks?

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. pjakesmith

pjakesmith New Member

I really love to read some articles that have great positive impacts on its reader and benefit by reading such article especially concerning Gold and the stock market. I admire these writers in sharing their views and or opinions that can enlighten the mind of the readers. Great Job and continue inspiring readers.
  7. myfavthing

myfavthing New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's only available in some locations. You have to have the map pre-loaded on your ipod. So if you go to the Google Maps app and pull up the area you will be traveling to, it will still be there when you are away from wi-fi. When you get to that area you can touch the location button on the bottom left and it will activiate the location services. (must be turned on in settings) It takes a couple of minutes but the blue dot will move to your location.

While on wi-fi you can also pull up the map then pinch it so that you are viewing a bigger area when you are on the road.

I wish that you could load and save more than one map at a time.

I am fairly sure that the Touch has not always done this....I only noticed it after the last software upgrade and I use maps ALL the time.....