got USB no iphone/ipod found.!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by 46<The Doctor>46, Feb 2, 2009.

1. 46<The Doctor>46

46<The Doctor>46 New Member

i got this in the final steps!!!! could someone plz help?!i tried searching...but the number of pages in the threads are too many!!!!thnk u all!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. devildreams54

devildreams54 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i got the same thing as you i duno how to fix is yet but someone will reply
  3. mchbib

mchbib New Member

I think it's one of 2 thing...
    1- you should put the ipod on DFU,,,make sure of the timing and that itunes recognize that it's on recovery mode
    2- make sure u installed libusb....
  4. 46<The Doctor>46

46<The Doctor>46 New Member

yes i did install libusb...and the ipod is in dfu mode....but still it doesn't work!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

use redj0hnny, my tool. it SPANKS irecovery.

example:
    Code:
    ./redj0hnny FILE DFU <ibss211.dfu> [reset]
    FILE tells redj0hnny to send a file, DFU tells its in dfu mode, then type the file name, then optionally reset usb connection (equiv. of unplugging/replugging device FOR YOU, so u dont have 2)
  6. jallen14

jallen14 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Was this while running the boot.bat file or before that? Because when I was loading my boot.bat file, I kept getting the no iphone/ipod message. I just kept trying and it finally worked for me. I didn't do anything different either. This happened to me twice. Once was my first time JB'ing and second was last night when I restarted for Winterboard. Don't know what caused it, but if you get this message during the bootloader thing then just keep trying as it will eventually work.
  7. AllenH

AllenH Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just a quick note here- I still am getting a buserror when I try ./redj0hnny on my ppc running 10.4.11. I tried the Makefile, but it asked for the sourcode. I downloaded the .cc file, but it couldn't find usb.h- hard coded it's location, and now I get the following compile error:

g++ -arch ppc usb_redj0hnny.cc libusb-ppc.a -o redj0hnny.ppc -framework CoreFoundation -framework IOKit -I/opt/local/include
    /usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: Undefined symbols:
    _strerror$UNIX2003
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Make: *** [ppc] Error 1

Long and short of it, I think there's a something wrong going on with the 10.4.11 libusb library. [can you tell us, j0hnnyboi if the redj0hnny code is a universal binary and should run without a hitch (i.e., no makefile running required?)]

BTW, I'm fine with waiting until you have a tutorial for redj0hnny and redsn0w use. I have a custom ipsw ready and waiting.

Cheers for the hard-work!!!
  8. JayC708

JayC708 New Member

Hey I have a jailbroken ipod version 2.2.1
    ...the other day i restored my computer to factory settings. i had saved the irecovery and XPwn-0.5.7-win32 files on my external harddrive...i don't know anything about jailbreaking and how to do it because my friend did it for me. Everytime my ipod runs out of battery i have to do a couple of steps on the command prompt to restore it. My battery died today and when i went to the cmd to type in my steps, it replied back with "Irecovery- recover utility by wEsTbAer and Tom3q..got USB..got USB..No Iphone/ipod found....i dun't know what is going on. When i put it into DFU mode it finds it in itunes ...somebody please help me
  9. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Way to bump an old thread....btw, that means you're not in DFU properly
    plus, your iPod is using a very old tethered jailbreak, use untethered so you can reboot w/o a computer