got this error and can not restore, please advice...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by SiuSiu, Feb 15, 2008.

1. SiuSiu

SiuSiu New Member

Friends, I got this error after try to downgrade back to 1.1.1 from a update 1.1.3 iPod Touch, and only show the cable and iTunes icon on the screen, I try to reset the Touch to restore again but no result and still got same error....

Please help if any have experience to solve it, Many Thanks!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

Restart your computer, and try again. Also try it in DFU mode. That means that you need to do the following:

a) learn to use the search function as this has been covered a thousand times already.
    b) plug your ipod into itunes, and let it recognize it.
    c) click ok to the restore pop up but do NOT restore.
    d) push and hold both the home and the power buttons on your ipod
    e) let go of the power button but DO NOT let go of the home button when you see your ipod disappear from itunes.
    f) keep holding down your home button until you see your ipod reappear in itunes.
    g) your screen on your ipod should stay blank don't freak out this is DFU mode.
    h) assuming you have let go of your home button on your ipod and its showing up in itunes just like before with a restore message, you now need to push and hold (in windows shift) (in OS X option) and then click the restore button.
    i) you should get a pop up asking you for your firmware.
    j) point the window to your downloaded firmware which should look like this ipod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw
    k) wait until its finished and thats it.
  3. SiuSiu

SiuSiu New Member

Please accept my apologize....and Thanks for brother deathdr0ne, really Thanks!!
  4. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

Hey no problem at all man. I mentioned search not to be an ass, but as a way to be helpful. If you would have found it by searching then you wouldn't have had to wait for a reply unless the problem was unsolved. But you never know unless you look.
  5. AVARGAS518

AVARGAS518 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    WELL SAID deatdrone
  6. SiuSiu

SiuSiu New Member

same result.....I was using iTunes 7.6 Mac, o I need to download to iTunes 7.5 ?
  7. supersonik-zlad

supersonik-zlad New Member

I did it fine in 7.6. What firmware are you on?

I restored and updated to 1.1.3 then downgraded from there.
  8. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

Not quite sure with a mac since I don't have one. Although, you can try the older itunes. I don't know where to point you for the older mac version though. Did you reboot your computer? What is the error number you get?

[EDITED]
    d) push and hold both the home and the power buttons on your ipod
    e) let go of the power button when you see the ipod disappear from itunes but DO NOT let go of the home button.
    f) keep holding down your home button until you see your ipod reappear in itunes.
    g) your screen on your ipod should stay blank don't freak out this is DFU mode.
    h) RESTORE NOW

Ok these are the most critical steps in this process along with rebooting the computer.
    If it doesn't work try to find help from a mac user because I am unsure of what else to tell you.
    When you push and hold option then click on the restore button does itunes pop open a file browser window?
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Error 1604...

OH HEYYY, Wait, I know

DID YOU EXIT OUT OF ZiPHONE?

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. supersonik-zlad

supersonik-zlad New Member