Got some serious problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tvetinho, Feb 6, 2008.

1. tvetinho

tvetinho New Member

I've got some serious problems with my touch here.

It's stucked on the apple logo at the beginning. Nothing happens. I have tried to force it into restore mode, but the iPod doesn't even show up in iTunes, so I cant restore it. Doesn't work to restart it either..

And a last thing, I cant SSH into it.....

In other words; NEED BACKUP!
  2. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When u tried to rrestore ur ipod did u get the conecter screen? I don't know too much about this, but ibricker ive read is able to fix alot of ipods that are bricked. Maybe u can look into that?
  3. tvetinho

tvetinho New Member

Nope.. Nothing happens at all. It is not showing up in iTunes when i try to restore it, and my touch is just.. stucked at the apple logo.

I am on firmware 1.1.2, JB of course..

Can someone help me with this iBrickr thing?

Edit: Something just happened with the touch now.. The screen flashed a bit, but now i cant turn it off??? wtf omfg, for christ sake.. Getting a bit stressed here now..
  4. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    umm can u restart ur ipod at all?
  5. tvetinho

tvetinho New Member

Yes, it restarts when I hold down the sleep button and the main button.. And that's all. It doesn't show up in iTunes, and i think it has to do that if i'll have any chance to restore it?
  6. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok try this.

1. plug ur ipod into the computer. bring itunes up.
    see if u can turn ur ipod off. Then turn ur ipod on while holding the home button and wait to see if anthing happens. let me know what happen
  7. tvetinho

tvetinho New Member

Not working.. When I press the sleep and main button, it turns off. But i can't turn it on while holding the main button. Still not showing up in iTunes. The PC doesn't understand that the iPod is connected or something.

But thanks for trying though..
  8. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wait does the restore thingy with the connector appear on ur ipod at all? u need to press the sleep button to turn it on but u need to hold the home button while ur ipod turns on
  9. KaeMarie

KaeMarie New Member

PM a mod or a devotee
    im sure they will be able to help you
  10. BigMac45

BigMac45 New Member

Try Putting your iPod into DFU mode (Device Firware Upgrade)..
    You do This By:

Step 1: Hold down the “Home” button

Step 2: Hold down the “Standby” button

Step 3: When it says “slide to turn off”, ignore it. It should restart with a blank screen. Look at iTunes, and your device should be removed. Now lift the Standby button, while still holding onto the Home button.

Step 4: Keep holding the Home button until the iPod reconnects on iTunes. When the device shows up in iTunes, that’s when you’ll need to lift up your button. If you wait any longer, it will go into Recovery Mode, and that’s not what you want. Your iPod should be blank.

Step 5: Now iTunes will tell you that the iPod Touch is in Recover Mode. You can now perform a manual restore on it.

Taken From:http://dermapthera.wordpress.com/2008/01/27/how-to-make-your-ipod-touch-in-dfu-mode/

You should then be able to restore your ipod touch!