Got screwed with jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by elcazador, Nov 30, 2007.

1. elcazador

elcazador New Member

tried to jailbreak my ipod, of course being me i got screwed.

well first if all i went to the jailbreakme.com site on my ipod and downloaded all that crap blah blah but i didnt get an update cuz it said i didnt need one. then i tried getting an app and it put it there but the installer app was gone, then i though uh oh, so then i tried the app and it came up then just went back to the main screen. finnally i turned my ipod all the way off, red slider, and tride to turn it back on and it just stays at a black screen with the apple logo forever. left it on when at skool still there.

help me apple tech guys
  2. Altomage

Altomage New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    What have you don to try to resolve the issue? Have you tried to connect it to iTunes and restore it?
    I assume when you say the screen stays black it shows the Apple Logo also.
  3. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

one word... restore... Also don't install apps you are unsure about...
  4. Altomage

Altomage New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    if it's unable to be connected to iTunes, you can find this directly in the "Way too frequently asked questions"

First, get it to turn off, if you can't with normal methods: Hold down both the Stand-By and Home buttons until it turns off. It can take up to ten seconds (ten chronological seconds, not ten panickily rushed through seconds).

Second, put it into recovery mode:

1. Press and hold the Stand-by button
    2. Before the Apple logo appears, press and hold the Home button
    3. After the Apple logo appears, release the Stand-by button.
    4. Wait up to 30 seconds.
    5. After the Connect to iTunes picture appears, you can release the home button. Your iPod is now in recovery mode.

This procedure has moderately tricky timing and may have to be attempted a few times. If you mess up, accidentally release a button at the wrong time, etc. You'll have to shut down your iPod as previously described and start over.

After your iPod is in recovery mode, you can connect it to iTunes and restore.
  5. elcazador

elcazador New Member

well what happens is that it turns black with the apple logo foreva and it wont connect to itunes
  6. eddygazilion

eddygazilion New Member

Force it into the recovery mode, as detailed above