Got new Iphone and dont know how to unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tjmazz23, Dec 15, 2009.

1. tjmazz23

tjmazz23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so i just bought iphone 3g from my friend. i have t-mobile and planned to unlock it but idk what firmware it was on cause it just says insert sim card with the itunes connect to computer logo in the back. the person i bouht it from doesn't know the firmware so how do i unlock without knowing the firmware?
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    put it in dfu or recovery and restore, it will update it to 3.1.2 and then you should run blackra1n, get blacksn0w from blackra1n and it unlocked
  3. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    plug it into itunes and if it says upgrade then upgrade. then unlock and jailbreak with blackra1n.

ninja'd.
  4. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You bought it second hand? If I bought an iPhone second hand the first thing I would do is do a clean restore to the latest firmware: 3.1.2

To do this, just plug it into iTunes and click the restore button when it comes up. From there, it'll finish it's restore after downloading the 3.1.2 firmware. When it's done restoring, go to: http://blackra1n.com and click the logo that represents your operating system. When it's done downloading, go to where it downloaded, double click and "make it ra1n". When that's complete, if you can, connect to WiFi and save yourself the data.. Then get to downloading your jailbreak content.

Here's a few good app's:
    Cycorder
    Winterboard
    Volume Boost - Not sure if it's compatible with 3.1.2 yet?

There's lots of good themes, if you search around YouTube you can see which one's are the best and fully customized. My favorite theme's are: Dark & Smooth and vSimple. It just re-works the default icon's, doesn't alter the SMS bubbles into some crappy layout and it also looks good with app's that don't have custom icon skins made.

Best of luck,
    Brendan