Got my Touch yesterday, some gripes though

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pintsallround, Oct 23, 2007.

1. pintsallround

pintsallround New Member

I just picked up my Touch yesterday night and I am loving it so far, except for a few gripes I have. I was wondering if these problems could all be fixed through software releases, or will they have to make new Touch models altogether and I'll get shafted:

Static - What I'm most worried about. Last night when I was listening to it, I kept hearing these static noises in the backround. At first I thought it was just the song, but I paused the music and heard a loud static in the backround that increased in volume as I rotated the iPod.

Sound - Sound volume seems low for some reason; to get it to my usual listening level I have to turn it much higher than I did on my previous iPod 5.5G.

Customizing - Aparently I can't apply wallpapers to the main screen without downloading a hack of some kind, and also can't edit the calender... Wth?
  2. mizzle

mizzle New Member

not sure about the static or sound (i wasnt a 5G owner)

for the wallpaper you can change it...but probably not how you want to...it changes the wallpaper on the slide to open screen, not on the main one.
    and the inability to add calender events has been a huge con for most people...apple has said it is coming in an update soon though
  3. Rallos

Rallos New Member

For the static issue that's a warranty thing. I would take it back to apple and exchange it for a new one.
  4. KoopaKidd

KoopaKidd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Will it affect something having the static sound??? I can only here it when I hook it on my iHome.
  5. Rallos

Rallos New Member

I would take it back to the apple store if I were you and have someone take a look at it. It might be your iHome but there's no way for me to tell unless I can touch it.
  6. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

I have iHome, and my touch (16GB) works great on it. It's either a cellphone in the distance that is receiving calls (makes my computer staticy) or... idk, but I doubt the cell phone or anything making it screwy. So take your iPod touch back, get a new one. And all the problems you stated don't apply to me. Because I've used to have a 5.5G and I think the iPod touch's volume is in fact higher... Anyways here was my feedback, solution trade it for another.
  7. chrischris292

chrischris292 New Member

my ipod classic has the same problem with sound,you have to put it a lot higher for a good sound level
  8. dudeman

dudeman New Member

9. pintsallround

pintsallround New Member

Also, not sure if this is supposed to be happening, but whenever I click the top black "on?" button, and also when I "un-hold" the ipod, I get a cracking sound in my earphones. Is that supposed to be happening?