Got my new 3G: impressions, facts & rants

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Overspeed, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Overspeed

Overspeed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I bought a new 32GB from the Apple Store tonight in Canada. FS, BB, WM & Costco were not going to get any in soon as I learned. This 3G is replacing my 1G.

The speed difference is VERY noticable. All the apps and games I had that lagged have great framerates now. It is very much lighter than the 1G, and it'll take a while for me to get used to that. I experience none of the reported problems such as screen flicker or loose home buttons. Everything is solid and works great. I will say however that I was hoping for better internal sound. Having never owned a 2G, I had no idea what to expect.

Here are some other things I learned from reps at the Apple Store.

The new 32GB & 64GB are offically called the "3G" model and I was told to expect the Apple Website to represent that officially soon. In their computers it's listed as 3G and on my reciept it says 3G. It is NOT called Late 2009 or any other rumored name such as 2GS etc.

I was also happy to learn that Apple stores WILL price match. I was originally advised that this would not be the case, but the Apple Store's in Canada will reduce the price to $299 & $399 respectively ON REQUEST. If you don't request a price match, they won't offer it.

Lastly, & while I do not wish to fuel the flame, when I asked the reps about whether the 3G was supposed to have a camera, I was told off the record that it did, but not to expect it until next year now. I wasn't given an official reason why is was scrapped.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my apps and games PLUS their data to the 3G. I'm doing a restore now.

So to those worried about problems or whether to wait until October, I recommend getting one anytime now ... at least for the 1G owners. 2G owners might not feel it is worth the upgrade cost just for a little enhanced speed. Overall I'm very happy with it,

Update: After using it a bit more I have begun to notice that the home buttons is a little wobbly (or loose, call it what you will). Not a deal breaker thou.

OS
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Cool. Glad you like it! It really is sweet.
  3. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I haven't got any of the problems some people have described either, though its only been a week...

For all you 2G owners, if you can sell and upgrade like I did, it's worth well it

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. mappy4ever

mappy4ever Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    omG! I want one but 32 GB is really rare and i am going to buy only and only from Costco.
  5. Armsden

Armsden Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yer i have a 3g 64GB and i upgrade from a 1G its great way faster and lighter battery life is way better than my 1G but i havent noticed a wobbly home button.
  6. zwillyc

zwillyc New Member

I see some Future Shop locations are listing it as In Stock at 299 and 399. Could Best Buy be close behind?
  7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, the cameras were probably going to be in this generation. That's what was assumed after the space for a camera was shown.

Congratulations on getting the new iPod touch 3G.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you know what i noticed about my ipod touch, when i dropped it, it broke! lolz so i gots a new one
  9. Gorillatouch

Gorillatouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I wouldn't count on it. I preordered mine on the 9th and got an email saying they're out of stock. I'll honestly be surprised if I get mine before Oct and I'd be pissed if they got to stores and mine still didn't ship.
  10. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I wonder why stocks are so tight in the US/Canada?