got my ipad replaced today. ipad came with 3.2.1 HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Joeystorybmx, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Joeystorybmx

Joeystorybmx Banned

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I had what the apple store genius called "backlight seepage" but i believe its called pixel bleed, and i went to the apple store to get my ipad replaced. i come home all excited to get it jailbroken, to find that its running the 3.2.1 firmware. i almost sh*t myself no joke. then i saw a youtube video with frash and i came all over the screen. IS THERE ANYWAY OF DOWNGRADEING MY IPAD TOO 3.2??? I NEED FRASH!! help please
  2. Ric914

Ric914 New Member

You can't. Apple no longer signs 3.2. Your only option is to wait for the jailbreak coming out soon.
  3. CaptainJackHarkness

CaptainJackHarkness New Member

Actually, if it's the same device and ECID, then yes you can downgrade. If you backed up your SHS - then you can look up a tutorial that changes it to either the server for SHS or your own 127.0.0.1 PC. Pointing it to your ipad's signed 3.2 SHS.

If you failed to do this, tough.
  4. clock2113

clock2113 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I never consciously did this, yet in Cydia I note it says something about the SSH being backed up... maybe it does automatically now?
  5. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Oh they do replace it?

I have light leaking onto screen (a yellow white) and its annoying whenwatchign films.

I have got a screensheild on, will they replace that?
  6. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Google it. I remember reading about that, something to do with the glue that holds the sections of the screen together. If it doesn't go away backup your sshs with cydia in case they send the same one back and send it in to apple.
  7. Joeystorybmx

Joeystorybmx Banned

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Yeah they just replaced it. I said the same thing to the genius bar worker. That it was annoying when I watched movies and I looks kind of stupid since you can only really see it in the dark. And no I had a screen shield on as well and he didn't replace it which sucks. I m not using a screen protector right now. But it's worth it
  8. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad