iOS 3.1 Got Error 1604 Trying to Jailbreak with custom .ipsw (iTouch 2G, 3.1.2)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by thepizzanator, Mar 7, 2010.

1. thepizzanator

thepizzanator New Member

May 9, 2009
    Hi everyone! I'm having some problems with Error 1604. I have a 2nd gen iPod Touch, fully functional, which I accidentally upgraded to 3.1.3 when it came out (I had no intention of jailbreaking this ipod back then.) Yesterday I successfully downgraded the firmware to 3.1.2 through iTunes. At the moment it's running 3.1.2 and working perfectly. However, when I try to restore my iPod using the custom (jailbroken) firmware I created with PwnageTool, I get an Error 1604 from iTunes, and the iPod screen is turned off throughout the entire restore process as far as I can remember - I know for sure though that it didn't have the Connect to iTunes logo when I stuck it in DFU. Since trying to jailbreak I restored back to 3.1.3, then back down to 3.1.2, and the iPod still works fine.

What are some possible solutions? I was thinking of using iREB, since I heard that works, but I don't want to brick my iPod. I have NOT previously jailbroken this particular iPod, although I did jailbreak my old one, which I no longer have. Both are 2G. I have a windows machine and a Mac.

Feel free to ask questions

EDIT: Found a solution
    If you had problems jailbreaking your iTouch use blackra1n by geohot, he is an amazing hacker and his jailbreak is by far the easiest to use.

I won't be watching this thread anymore, please don't ask me anything here