Got AppleCare Today..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Matt-09, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Picked up an AppleCare pack for my 2G Touch and got it registered today. Process was smooth and I am now covered until the 24th December 2010.

Just 2 questions, the pack says keep your sales receipt - I got it from Amazon, so will an invoice suffice? And - does it cover the battery, and say I need to send it back, how long before I get it back?
  2. meepo

meepo New Member

It covers the battery if it was like defected, if its just normal wear and tear they wont replace it. If you DO send it back, expect to receive it back in about a week, they are really quick with replacements. And for the receipt thing, just keep your invoice just in case.
  3. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for your reply.For £38, I really couldn't go without it.
  4. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh you need to have a recipt with this if you use it? Good thing I didn't buy it then.
  5. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Inside the package, it tells you the number to ring and says that the representative might ask for a receipt, if the "original purchased date" appears to be in doubt.

Funny how they work it though, I didn't even enter a date, it just came up as expiring on Xmas Eve.

Guess they know that I registered it on Xmas Day?
  6. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My concern is that if they are asking for proof that you are the original owner of the ipod when it was bought. I got mine sealed off Craigslist. As for the purchase date or around that time you can look it up on the apple website. It tells you when your warranty is up.