Got an OK for replacement, but none in stock!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whitestripesnet, Sep 15, 2010.

1. whitestripesnet

whitestripesnet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well my iPod touch has had some issues in terms of locking up when playing music. Took it back to the Apple store today, explained the situation and they said if I have all my packaging they will just replace it since it was purchased last Friday. Then.. they saw that it was a 64gig model and informed me that they had none of those in stock. I can have one sent to me or just come back in when they get back in stock. So I chose to come back into the store, where i guess I will have to start over and explain the situation again.. and hopefully it will go as easy as this went and I can walk out with a brand new replacement.
  2. p1ayrTh3 Ru13

p1ayrTh3 Ru13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that sucks. yea thats the problem with mess ups with popular idevices, if you take it back 9 times outta 10 theyre out. good luck next time buddy
  3. That Kid

That Kid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That is disappointing. You should've asked the guy to give you like a form that says you are eligible for an exchange so it would for sure go smoothly.
  4. whitestripesnet

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah I think I still have leverage due to the fact that my purchase is under 14 days, but its still a pain to have to drive back to the store. They said they get shipments everyday at noon so I will call tomorrow and Friday. I would think they would get shipments of them in rather quick.
  5. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Do both. Have them send one out, and check instore. Whichever one comes first, you take. If they have them in stock before you get the one being sent out, ask for them to cancel the shipment.
  6. 15avaughn

15avaughn Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    What if they come in stock at the EXACT time the mail comes with an iPod. XD
  7. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Just ask if they have any in stock and if they don't have them send you one.

Who knows you may get the same gal. But I agree with the guy above. Should have asked for a forum or something.
  8. whitestripesnet

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ah I doubt they would let me do both. But hopefully by tomorrow this will be over and once I get the new one, it's staying in the box unti my Best Skins ever arrives, which should be tomorrow or Monday...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So called today and they are still out of 64GB iPods. I find it hard to believe, even though it is true. Maybe they just had a small supply of 64's and didn't think they would sell... Well, will try again tomorrow.-