Got an offer to sell my jailbroken ipod touch for $200, good price?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ilikeguitar90, Aug 25, 2009.

1. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

It's a 2G 16GB ipod touch and it also comes with an incase slider. I'm only selling it for money towards a 3G. I put it up on craigslist for $220 and got an offer for $200. Do you guys think this is a good price to sell it for?
  2. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you think the new 16 will be 230, then go for it...
  3. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hm...
    I'd say wait another few days
  4. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

Yea its probably a good deal. Just try to get a higher offer.
  5. -Xi-

-Xi- Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    What kind of condition is it in? That's $100 less than new, not to mention the case.

If it's in rough condition, yeah - go for it. If it's mint, I'd say that even $220 is low.

IMHO, it's not really worth it to sell an iPod. Especially a Touch. The price just drops way too much.

Is there another way you could fund the 3G?
  6. Kwinten

Kwinten New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm gonna sell my Wii (I don't play on it anyway) when the 3G comes out most likely. I'd say that $200 is way too low. Try going for about $230 AT LEAST.
  7. DazedUp

DazedUp New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    id say at least 240 or something, for a 16gb ya.
  8. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sell it. maybe counter offer at like 210....if you wanted 220, 20 bucks less is a great price. almost everyone will try to negotiate (at least if they're smart they will). if you're good at negotiating and selling stuff (honestly, i am), then try to get the price as high as possible. if you're not and you know it, you can try, just dont lose the buyer. remember: if you want a cat, start asking for a horse.
    at the end of the day, 10% below your asking price is great. sell it for 200.
  9. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

Wtf.

I had it on craigslist for almost a month now and at first the asking price was $250. After a week with no offers, I made it 240. Another week went by with no offers, so I made it 230. I still got no offers for 230, so I pretty much gave up on selling it until reposting it again yesterday at 220.

I already sold it today for 210. I got flooded with offers today, I think I got around 6 or 7 real people offering 200 or less (I got many more scammers too). I talked one person into giving 210.

I guess my area's just weird then...I had on craigslist for a while and haven't gotten a single offer until I lowered it

Please Register or Log in to view images

I was trying to get at least 200 for it anyways, so I guess I'm content with it.
  10. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well, 220 might have just been average...how were the others priced?
    remember: if you saw 2 identical iPTS with a 10 dollar difference in price, which one are you more likely to buy? yours might have just been the more expensive one until it was priced at 220.