Got an ipod tough 3g 8gi as a present - need advice. . .

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by solennial, Dec 18, 2009.

1. solennial

solennial New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I wanted an ipod - and I've had some fun with the touch. I am nearing my return period and I am wondering - which would last longer, an ipod touch or a nano 5g? I really just want it for podcasts and music. I'm constantly worried I'm going to damage the touch. Do these things hold up well?

Does it hurt anything over time to plug and unplug the headphones, etc. . .

I guess I'm just wondering how durable these things are because I need it to last a couple of years (or more). . .

Thanks!
  2. BlueThunderCloud

BlueThunderCloud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I personally think the Itouch would be better.

1. It can hold pod casts and music ( Captain Obvious, huh?

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
    2. If your worried about damaging it then spend a good 30-40 dollars on a nice case, and get a few screen protectors.I dropped my itouch today, and thank god, the case saved it.
    3. My friend ruined his Itouch by jamming his headphones in. Do NOT do that!
    4. Charge your Ipod often. The more times it gets to 0% and turns off, the less time it will have with its life.
    5. If you keep your ipod safe and charged, it should last for at least 2 years.
    I hope I helped!
    -BTC

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Obviously, if you just want it for audio reasons (music, podcasts, audio books, etc.) the Nano would probably be better, due to its form factor. Its more portable. If apps don't matter to you, then I'd say return it for the Nano 5G.

Or the Zune HD might be worth looking into. Google it, Engadget and Cnet have some nice reviews on it. Great for music/ videos, and has a couple games.
  4. harjaz

harjaz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree with JKK. Unless you care about wifi, apps, or video, a touch is pointless. There also plenty of mp3 players other than the nano which have similar features for much less money.