got ad-hoc wifi working but now ipod touch wont load google and google only

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by putch, Apr 24, 2008.

1. putch

putch New Member

so, i finally got the ad-hoc wifi working properly after doing this hack: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52437&highlight=wifi ad hoc

i have a laptop with an ev-do card that i've managed to share with an ad-hoc connection. it works fine with the ipod touch. i can browse to any site, install apps, everything--and at 3g speeds. BUT, for some reason safari won't load ANY google webpage. my imap gmail works fine in the mail app which makes things even weirder. also, google works just fine when using the laptop. the only thing i can think of that might effect it is that i was logged into gmail on the laptop when i first set up the ad-hoc network. but since then i've shut down everything. cleared all the browser caches and rebooted. still it won't load google pages. if i go down the block to the park with free wifi then google and all of it's pages work fine.

it's not a dns issue as other pages load fine and when i point safari to a google ip the same thing happens (nothing).

anyone have any ideas?
  2. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

This might be aproblem with ur DNS. Try going to setting and changing the dns of your network to de router.
  3. putch

putch New Member

well, for one i've tried that. also, every other url i've thrown at it has resolved without any problem. also, i've tried using a google ip to bypass any needed dns but that also failed.

thus, i really don't think it's a dns issue.