got a used iphone 3gb i think but the touch screen doesint work..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gordesky1, Jul 20, 2010.

1. gordesky1

gordesky1 New Member

I got a used iphone think its a 3g from my friend sense he has a 3gs aready, But it has a problem the touch screen doesn't work at all..

I tried restarting it by pushing the 2 buttons couple times and it still doesn't work.

Im wondering if a full reinstall would fix it?

Also if that doesn't fix it is it possible that the digitizer cable came loose?

The screen looks too be in good shape.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just restored it and it still doesn't work..

I also took it apart and the 3 ribbons look fine.

I would just buy a new digitizer or even the full screen and digitizer, but im wondering can they just go bad like that?, Or can it be something wrong with the motherboard?

I just don't want too buy something for it and have it do the same thing..
  2. AttackAniPod

AttackAniPod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Beat up your friend for ripping you off
  3. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    >got a used iphone 3gb
    there's you problem, you got an iPhone that doesn't exist. j/k

Uhm, the touch screen doesn't work? Like it's completely unresponsive? Well, how much did you pay for it OP? Cause I think the new full screen and digitizer you will buy will be worth more than you paid for the iPhone....
  4. gordesky1

gordesky1 New Member

Yep when i turn it on and it gets too the lock screen the touch screen doesn't work at all.

Oh forgot too say we already knew about it and he gave it too me for free

Please Register or Log in to view images

And when i was looking on the the motherboard and connector which is the number 1 one from what i see on the net its the lcd ribbon i saw little Burnt spots... On both but wasn't bad and i cleaned them off the best i can, but still didn't work..

But again that's ony for the lcd which works perfect the number 1 plug that i guess is for the digitizer doesn't have any burnt marks.

I was just gonna buy the lcd and digitizer whole on ebay for 50$, but now im not too sure now..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So what does anyone think? Think it will work if i buy the lcd and digitizer as a package?

Im kinda worry about that burnt spot, But that's ony the lcd cable which the digitizer cable or port doesn't have any burnt spots.

Pretty much that burnt spot came off the motherboard with a cue tip so maybe the cable just went bad and burnt up because that still looks burnt.

I will easy pay the 50$ on ebay for both if this will work, But don't want too buy them and pop it on and find out it has the same problem..

This would replace my ipod touch 2g sense the battery is acting up on that, and replace my phone too, Which why i would like too get this working if i can.