Got a Unlocking Iphone Question..??..???...???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xettexl, May 6, 2008.

1. Xettexl

Xettexl New Member

Ok well I'm thinking about getting either the iphone 8gb/16gb. I'll prob buy the 8gb one due to money issues....Was going to buy a ipod touch but I would rather have a phone and ipod all in one package so I'ma get a iphone...plus the iphone is sexy!!!

But yeah my question...

If I were to unlock/jailbreak a iphone with i liberty+ will it cause me to lose some gb on my iphone??...Because I saw a ziphone 3.0/iphone unlocking video...and well after he finished the whole unlock/jailbreak it showed that he lost about 2gb of space/capacity??..Is this normal....
    1 person likes this.
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

i dont think this is normal..... i sujest that u jaillbreak it and unlock it before syncing any music or stuff into it....
  3. Xettexl

Xettexl New Member

ok just wondering...also got another question..

As you know Im planning on buying a iphone and unlock(I got t-mobile)/jailbreak it...now lets say in a few years or two....I get the chance to actually pay for one of the AT&T plans..

If I did a simple restore to my unlocked/jailbroken iphone through itunes or restore it manually will I be able to activate it through itunes and pay for a plan???...
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It isn't normal for iLiberty+ to take up 2gb of space, although it has happened before. I'm not quite sure how to fix it, possibly try re-jailbreaking.

EDIT: Yes, restoring your iPhone will set it back to factory defaults and Apple will not know it has been jailbroken nor will the software tell it was.
  5. Xettexl

Xettexl New Member

Another question!...Lol sorry for all the questions guys just want to get all my facts straight before I make the final decision of iphone or ipod touch...

But yeah I've asked this before but just wanted to make sure again...

Will all the ipod touch applications like ttr....iphysics....customize...pool...tetris...etc...things like that work with the iphone??...

Also....is there any chance that apple will creat a new firmware with a secret kind like program that will brick all iphones that are unlocked???....Because I read about how apple could do something like this...and well it's got me scared...
  6. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

mmm im pretty sure that yes.. the apps will work for the iphone... alot of apps are actually made for the iphone and we just use them for ipod touch..... and if apple does that i think the hacking community will come with something to undo the program bricking iphones and besides if apple does that then u can just not upgrade it to that firmware
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes, many if not all of the iPod touch applications work on the iPhone, and vice versa. By the way, for your concern regarding the potential bricking of jailbroken iPhones by Apple:

A) They would be loosing money in their pockets because although they dislike jailbreaking, think of all the iPod touches and iPhones that are sold because people know they can jailbreak them and benefit even more from it.

B) They receive a portion of all cell phone plans so that's also money out the doors for Apple!

C) You would need to update to the new firmware, it wouldn't just happen automatically.
  8. Xettexl

Xettexl New Member

Ooh thanks for that great explanation my paranoia of apple bricking unlocked iphones through and update is gone now

Please Register or Log in to view images

Got another questions though...

It's kind of a question/make sure thing.

At the moment I have tmobile...I got a simple plan....pay for texts...certian number of min per month and free calls/minutes after 9 and on the weekend. Now just wanted to make sure...

If I was to unlock my soon to be 8gb iphone with i liberty+. Then just pop in my sim card...all I would have to pay is my normal tmobile plan/bill right?? Nothing extra...I won't get fined for using the whole internet/safari feature with a wireless internet connection at my highschool or home right??... So in other words I won't have to pay any extra costs...just pay the regular bill/plan I have with tmobile?..

Just wanted to make sure because my sister got me paranoid about paying my phone bill if I was to unlock a iphone and use my tmobile sim with when she said I would still get charged for internet access/use....even though... I think I wouldn't since if I was to use the internet through my iphone I would use a wireless router/connection anyways...which should mean I shouldn't get fined/billed for that...