Got a Touch 2g...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CHollman82, Dec 27, 2008.

1. CHollman82

CHollman82 New Member

so I got this for christmas, 15gb version, and after a day of playing with it I am wondering if anyone can give me a good reason not to sell it and get an archos jukebox instead

Please Register or Log in to view images

I hate iTunes with a passion, it is the most bloated piece of crap that severely limits the way you manage your own collection. I mean at my families I put iTunes on my girlfriends laptop to try out the Touch and when I got it home and put it on my computer I had to WIPE every file I had put on it off of it because I used it on a new computer... wtf

Also given that its the new 2nd gen model there are no alternatives to iTunes currently working, there is no way to jailbreak it, I have a collection of 4000+ video files, mostly TV episodes and movies, and I sh*t you not a total of 13 of them worked on this without requiring a 2 hour conversion process.

I have over 10k mp3 files and I left iTunes running syncing them overnight and it didn't even get half way, then I canceled it thinking I could do the rest later, nope, it restarted the whole thing, so unless I want to surrender this AND my pc for 24 hours or more I am not getting my music collection on it, probably because they are uncompressed loss-less format.

I don't understand why anyone likes these things... the apps are cool and I gotta admit I downloaded 3 pages of them and burned through my $50 itunes gift card pretty quickly, but only because I can't get any of my media on it.

So I guess I'm looking for help, maybe there is an easier way to do this that I am not seeing, but basically I have several thousand avi/mpeg/wmv files that I want on this and I am not going to go through the conversion process for each of them independently, that is ridiculous. This device can view flash media files just fine on youtube and even WMV files on other online video sites so I KNOW for a fact it is capable of playing them, it is just Apple bullsh*t that they don't let you copy those formats to it because they want to push their own native quicktime/MP4 formats.
  2. eberglar

eberglar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'd like to know where you found uncompressed lossless mp3 files.
  3. GR3G™

GR3G™ New Member

*cough* limewire *cough* *cough*
  4. fhbwghads

fhbwghads New Member

I seriously doubt you could get 10000 songs and 4000 video files on your "15" gb iPod lol.

BTW computers need to be authorized by your account to not wipe your iPod.
  5. iOverflow

iOverflow New Member

I seriously doubt that you'll find lossless mp3s anywhere.
    The files are either lossless or in an mp3-format. But there is no lossless mp3.

Well, MP4 is an ISO standard, why shouldn't apple support such a format?
  6. DigitalNerd

DigitalNerd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lossless? Is the iPod Touch soud really that good?

7. whizkid515

whizkid515 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    HAHAHAHA, lossless uncompressed mp3s. Oh, this is gold, I'm sorry. MP3 files are COMPRESSED and LOSSY by definition. If you want compressed lossless, I suggest you use Apple Lossless (NOTE: converting mp3s or aac-m4a files to apple lossless will not make the sound quality better. It will actually make it worse.) for importing from CDs or converting AIFFs or WAVs to save space. It's not that Apple wants to push their own formats, it's that they would have payed royalty fees for supporting the formats on the iPod. Is this your first iPod? All of this stuff you're experiencing is normal for people who have had iPods before.

And no, the iPod touch does not sound that good. The sound quality is actually worse than regular iPods but I'm not gonna complain, it's not a stereo, it's an MP3 player.
  8. HeavyComponent

HeavyComponent Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  9. dad_629

dad_629 New Member

Ipod 2g

I just got mine for Christmas too...I got one for my wife a year ago so she could be in the livingroom watching TV and still check email , watch youtube and play some online games..It's great...you don't have to be a computer nerd to use it..it just works...

I haven't heard such whinning since my kids were 3 years old !!!

so I got this for christmas, 15gb version, and after a day of playing with it I am wondering if anyone can give me a good reason not to sell it and get an archos jukebox instead

I just got Pocket Tunes and am listening to internet radio stations and surfing ..what more could you want. Just bite the bullet and use an app like Videora (free) ( I'm assuming a pc user )t o convert your avis to smaller mp4s. You need to take the time to learn how I Tunes sorts things to get them on your ipod. Acessories are available everywhere.
  10. kenzoc

kenzoc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol, 10k mp3 files wouldn't fit in your "15"GB ipod.. My iPod touch synced pretty fast though..