Got a few questions...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by brendanm, Dec 21, 2008.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

So, I'm hoping to get an iPod Touch for Christmas and I just have a few questions.

Today, I'm away on vacation in Florida and I'm taking advantage of the high-speed connection I have as at home I have dial-up. Today, I purchased an episode of the Real World from iTunes and downloaded it and I got all my music copied off my old iPod to my iTunes incase I do get the iPod Touch. Now, at home I can't download apps or the episode I downloaded, again because dial-up is far too slow.

Is there anyway of downloading everything I need while I'm away and putting it all on a few blank DVD's, INCLUDING the episode I downloaded so that when I get home I can put it on my laptop and desktop, because right now I'm on my grandmothers laptop and I want to be able to sync and charge my iPod Touch with the videos and all without erasing and syncing.

Also,

How can I get a DVD onto the iPod touch using DVD Dec and Videora?

Thanks!!
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Remember you wont be able to connect to the internet with dial up which means no app store apps and no wifi. You can download apps on your itunes account then sync later but you wont be able to browse app store on your ipod considering you have dial up so wifi wont work. And if you get a new 2g dont ask how to jailbreak because there is NO jailbreak for 2gs yet. There are a lot of video converters that have the iphone/ipod convert option its ok if its just iphone they have the same size screen and video codec.
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Thank-you for the reply, it's very much appreciated.

Here's the next issue: Is there anyway of making a back-up of my iPod Touch to put on a blank CD/DVD, I purchased a TV Show on iTunes and downloaded it to this computer. What I want to do is sync all my videos, photos, music, apps and anything else I have on my iPod Touch to my own, personal computers at home: Is this possible? If so, how do I accomplish this?

I heard of back-ups being done, just wasn't sure if it was possible to put on a blank CD/DVD and copy it over to my own two computers at home!

Thanks for all your help