Got a few questions- Im New

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by andyyy, Mar 12, 2009.

1. andyyy

andyyy New Member

Hi everyone and ipod touch fans im new and i have a few questions about the newly released jailbreak. I have never done this sort of thing before and it seems quite simple using QuickFreedom but nevertheless i need to be sure before I jailbreak.
    1)Once you restore using the newly created jailbreak firmware, can you still sync your ipod touch to itunes and get previously paid for applications?
    2)If the jailbreak makes the ipod touch slow or something like that or i prefer unjailbroken, which firmware do I load when i click restore, and where can i find this?
    3)Where can I find somewhere or something, such as a tutorial on how to use Cydia?
    4)Is there always a solution to a bricked Ipod Touch?
    5)If you jailbroke your ipod Touch and never connected it to the computer again would it continue to work?
    Many Thanks
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just ask if you have more questions
  3. andyyy

andyyy New Member

Thanks man, if I have a problem can i always come onto this forum and people will try and solve it?
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yea, if the the question hasn't been answered multiple times, or you could pm me the question you have and I could try to help
  5. andyyy

andyyy New Member

also one more thing, should I wait for quickpwn, im just worried its gonna be ages til an official release
  6. Man696

Man696 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can if you would like, but I have used both quickpwn for my friend's first generation and QuickFreedom and I honestly prefer QuickFreedom. Its extremely easy and will do nearly everything for you. It will tell you if you did DFU correctly and give you a link to anything that needs to be downloaded and installed, then it will tell you if it is installed correctly.
  7. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    if you didn't do the tethered jailbreak and/or this is your first jailbreak, then yes, I would suggest you to wait for quickpwn, it shouldn't be that long of a wait, it may be out this sunday
  8. Man696

Man696 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Oh right, I forgot that you needed to be tethered first. It still wouldn't be very hard, but if your not comfortable with doing the tethered jailbreak before using QuickFreedom then I would wait. It shouldn't be very long.
  9. andyyy

andyyy New Member

oh okay il wait for that then