Got a Black screen while DFU'ing

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by RatPackSopra, Jul 13, 2009.

1. RatPackSopra

RatPackSopra New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm sure this is something that is completely fixable, so I'm in no panic at all, but I do need to get this problem fixed. I'll explain what has happened to date.

This Touch has been jailbroken using 2.2.1 and it has ran perfectly, but I decided to upgrade to 3.0. I ran the 3.0 upgrade with no problem and then DL'ed RedSnow 0.7.2. I followed the directions from the thread, but when I went to put it into DFU mode it just stayed black and has refused to do anything since that time. I'll sit tight and hope someone can give me hand getting this thing woke up. I'm surprised to have this problem since I have done jailbreaks before with no problem, but I'm sure it's a small problem.

One more thing, I used [iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw] which came directly from the folder the tutorial mentioned.
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In going into DFU mode, the screen is meant to go black. Then you jailbreak.
  3. RatPackSopra

RatPackSopra New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What irks me is I found a way to screw up something Sooooooo da## simple. LOL

Of course I have it all fixed and finished, but thanks for looking!

Please Register or Log in to view images