Got 1.1.1, trying to get to 1.1.3, need 1.1.2??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by petercockroach, Jan 27, 2008.

1. petercockroach

petercockroach New Member

Hey everyone. My Touch started doing the looping reboot thing last night when I was on 1.1.2 JB --> 1.1.3. I had to restore it to 1.1.1 JB and I can't get up to 1.1.2 using Dev Team since I now have iTunes 7.6. I tried downgrading and the iPod wouldn't recognize (in restore mode or otherwise). I also have Boot Camp installed and I couldn't get it to work in Windows either.

So my question is this: Is there a way to skip 1.1.2 and go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 directly? Alternatively, is there a way to go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 in Windows or Mac with iTunes 7.6? I found an old thread saying try iBrickr in Windows (which just got stuck at a green restore screen for me) or use iNdependence for Mac (which gives me the warning that it could not connect to the baseband version). I AM installing OktoPrep before updating to 1.1.2 for both these versions. Should I not be? Is there something I'm missing?
  2. LukeRocksALot

LukeRocksALot New Member

i follow the 1.1.2 jailbreak instructions and when i try to use the windows.bat it will not jailbreak it.....it will say you have to install octoprep which i already did.......this is so frustrating and there is so many jailbreak tutorials
  3. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

Luke, I understand where you are coming from. There are a TON of user created tutorial out there. I think someone needs to create a site comprised of nothing but tutorials that work... I think that's why iPodtouchmaster is partially so successful.

Anyway, to help you...

Downgrade to 1.1.1.
    Disable autolock
    Go to jailbreakme.com, install appsnapp.
    Upgrade installer if needed.
    Install OKtoPrep.
    In itunes, upgrade to 1.1.2 (shift click, hit your 1.1.2 firmware)
    Make sure Java installed.
    Open up 1.1.2 touchfree jailbreak folder.
    Double click windows.bat
    IF it doesn't work, somepeople have had success with the .jar file (I don't know if it works though)
    Follow the instructions in the terminal for windows.bat.
    Once it is jaibroken, go to installer, and the official 1.1.3 jailbreak is somewhere in there... (once again I don't know haven't done it yet)

Wah-Lah!

If that doesn't work then just search or watch an iPodtouchmaster vid.
  4. xwinger

xwinger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    d

just go to youtube and search ipodtouchmaster and watchi his 1.1.3 jailbreak video
  5. petercockroach

Hey, thanks for the replys guys. The problem is that the touchfree jailbreak does not work if you have iTunes 7.6 installed. Instead of rebooting a few times, it just forces into restore mode and won't budge from there. 7.6 overrides Oktoprep. As mentioned, I can't seem to downgrade iTunes in order to avoid this.
  6. shepdogg

shepdogg Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    does anyone have the 1.1.2 firmware i need it to do the whole jailbreak thing if u could upload it that would be great
  7. RedBooster

RedBooster New Member

I skipped 1.1.2, went straight 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, using the softupgrade from installer + the 98 or so MB .7z Jailbreak file.

Try skipping 1.1.2, less work and your not "missing" anything.
  8. petercockroach

So I got it working today. I went through the regular JB process for 1.1.2 and when it went into recovery mode, I started up iNdependence. This kicked it out of recovery mode and everything was all good!!
  9. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

The next time you get booted into recovery mode, try using iNdependence; just run the program, and it should boot you out of recovery mode and into a jailbroken 1.1.2 ipod. There's one catch though; you need a Mac. Perhaps you could find someone that has a Mac and ask if you can run the program. For example, if you went to your local Apple store (a small high street one), you would find that the clerks all had jailbroken iPod touches and might be willing to let you run the program.