Gophone locked my IMEI# got new sim. how to activate?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Insanelygreat01, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Insanelygreat01

Insanelygreat01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I bought the nokia 2610. activated. since it had the $15 airtime I got locked in. I did manage to go to ATT and luckily there servers were down so they gave me a new (free i might add) unactivated sim card. I called em up and they said they need an IMEI #. I dont care if I need to get a whole new account and # I just want this to work! I already have the one sim locked to the nokia. can i activate the new unactivated sim card using the IMEI # from the nokia or will that lock me in also? Im using a 2g iPhone btw too. PLEASE HELLP!!
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Unless something has changed over the last year just have the new SIM activated with your Nokia.

From there unlock your iPhone and use the GoPhone SIM; I used mine for a year or so until at+t pissed me off and I finally switched to T-Mobile.
  3. Insanelygreat01

Insanelygreat01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    ok. so the one sim that was activated and locked in got the free airtime. so you say thatif i activate the new sim with the same IMEI # i wont get the credit?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    bumpity bump bump
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I'm honestly not sure. I was on a GoPhone plan with my 2G and never had a problem it on the iPhone.

You are asking about activating another SIM with your Nokia IMEI? Why not just use the SIM that is currently in the Nokia? Or are you hoping to get both SIM cards to work with the same account?

I believe if you are trying to do the latter it is not possible - The GoPhone account follows the SIM not the phone that is "activated" to.