GoPhone iPhone (Help)!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Insanelygreat01, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Insanelygreat01

Insanelygreat01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    So my contract with Sprint just ended. I really wanna get an iPhone and i really dont wanna have a huge bill/contract. I was thinking I could Buy an iPhone 2G and get a goPhone plan. I wouldnt use the web. Just phone and SMS. I was wondering how i go about doing this? Id go to the store and buy it. Do they come with SIM cards? Could i just pop it into my iPhone and will it automatically work (it would be jailbroken of course) with my sim? and what is this activation thing? Like do i have to Unlock it and activate it or something? Any advise from people who have done this or know what to do would be appreciated! Thanks!
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Ok, this is what you do...

Get a goPhone from AT&T or something, but not necessarily from the AT&T store.

Take the SIM card, and then just put it in your iPhone... but your Phone has to be unlocked.
  3. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    you really want to get an iphone? what is in your details then? your dream iphones? i'd change that, stop decieving us all, and get an iphone off ebay or forum marketplaces. you cant buy 2g's in stores anymore. you can get a 3g with no plan from apple for 400 or 500 being the 8gb and 16gb respectively. once you get said iphone, you must jailbreak it and download yellowsn0w from cydia to unlock it. if you get your hands on a 2g, you can unlock it with bootnueter when you jailbreak. not needing yellowsn0w