Google Voice iPod Touch 3g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by danglr09, Sep 8, 2009.

1. danglr09

danglr09 New Member

ok so say rumors are true, and the ipod gets a camera and a mic, along with the other upgrades. would i be able to jailbreak it, and put google voice mobile on it?[i have a google voice account]

what i want to do is idealy-
    get google voice on the ipod touch
    forward calls and sms from my blackberry to the google voice number
    make/receive calls and sms from the ipod when near wifi, and have caller id show up as the blackberry number NOT the google voice number
    have to use the blackberry when there is no available wifi.
    eventually [maybe] get verizon mifi and carry that around with me to always be connected

im not allowed to get a an iphone, which would be a lot easier, im 16 and under my dads verizon account. i have a job but not allowed to get my own att with iphone because...well its a long story and it doesnt matter.
    cant wait for the new ipod!
    so please help. would this work? what can i do?

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. darthhomer12

darthhomer12 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    lol this is what I have been trying to set up for the last month, MiFi + GVoice/Skype = Phone
  3. danglr09

danglr09 New Member

so it works? is there a setting to make the caller id say my blackberry number instead of the google voice number? can sms also be forwarded along with calls from the blackberry to the google voice number?
  4. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    How do you get a Google Voice account, i've tried to get an invite but to no avail. They haven't once sent me sh*t or else I would be set.
  5. danglr09

danglr09 New Member

yea i just signed up to be invited and a few weeks later i got the invite..sorry to hear that. any suggestions or help for my situation?
  6. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I think it's my email... I don't think google likes gmail even though it's their own email service or they just don't like black people (me...) ... idk..

j/kin' about the google doesn't like black people remark, it just f***in' wierd how i know two other people who got their sh*t right away and i'm just chillin' in the wind without it.. f***in' retarded.
  7. danglr09

danglr09 New Member

yea i feel ya. that sucks. i have gmail too. try signing up again.?
  8. ISkateOn

ISkateOn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    GV ain't all that unless I'm missing something important
  9. danglr09

danglr09 New Member

its not important if you dont want to make calls and sms from an ipod touch [3g]...please can someone confirm that everything i want to do is possible?
  10. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Nah it's the simple fact of not paying to make calls on wifi is cool. I have a iphone 2(g) hacktivated w/o sim card and most places I go have wifi anyways so i see a good need for it.. but ill try again.