Google search redirect.

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by iAppleTechGuru, Jan 17, 2010.

1. iAppleTechGuru

iAppleTechGuru Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im not experiencing this problem now, since I reinstalled both my OSes, but in the past when I've had the Google search redirect virus, or trojan horse, or w/e the hell you want to call it, I couldnt get rid of it, and ended up either repair installing or clean installing.

I dont need a solution, but I was just wondering if any of you have had success in getting rid of it...

Ive done:
    - Full scan w/ MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
    - Checked for rootkits w/ F-Secure rootkit eliminator
    - Double-checked my hosts file.

... All to no success, of course.
  2. ooh that sucks...I once had a un-getriddable virus once. AVG 9 always said it successfully removed the like 10 rootkits, but come bootup again, they come right back and cause all sorts of trouble.

The only thing that I can reccommend is to backup your stuff and reinstall your OS. Some rootkits and viruses inject code into programs that are crucial to the OS so they don't go away and are hard to get rid of. Sorry for your situation...

BTW, what OS are you using? I'd assume you're using windows, but from your username it might be OS X...but then again Mac OS X doesn't really get too many incurable viruses and such...
  3. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch