Google custom backgrounds help

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by TakenAppleDownAPeg, Jun 6, 2010.

1. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was wondering if anyone already had made some custom backgrounds that made it look like there were boarders around the edges of the search box and the other words that aren't at the top of the page? If not I was wondering if anyone who is good at making themes could make a template or give some tips on best/fastest way to go about it. I know there are many talented theme makers on here and if you do provide tips please nothing exclusive to Photoshop because I don't own that but I do have GIMP.

Thank you to anyone who comments.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    nobody

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. berky93

berky93 New Member

doesn't google's homepage dynamically adjust based on the size of the browser window? so your image couldn't have specially created areas for both the search box and the top menu bar
  3. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the top menu bar keeps the white background so that you can see it still, i meant the ones around the search box
    I am starting to mess around with it, my resolution is 1600x1200, I have the small icons for the tool bar at the bottom and its as small as it can get, its 32 pixels tall.
    I use Google chrome so I cropped off the top of the browser(tab bar and the address bar) that brings the dimensions to 1600x1105. If you use some thing else it will probably be different.
    mmmmmmm, for some reason the stuff in the middle of the page shifts when the image is applied, going to upload a blank canvas and start over.

Please Register or Log in to view images

okay, I was wrong, when it applies the image the first time, it shifts it, if you reload it displays it properly. Think I am going to take a break from this and come back to it later. If anyone wants to help, or make their own, please upload them so we can see.