Google contacts not syncing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sunrider, Sep 4, 2009.

1. sunrider

sunrider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Inherited my ipod touch from my husband, who helped with the initial set up of my contacts. I was more than surprised to learn there's a different between "My Contacts" and "All Contacts" within gmail. Apparently every one I ever sent an email to and ever received an email from is saved in All Contacts, and of course that's what syncs to my iPod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have discovered that:
    • If I delete a contact on my iPod, and sync, it is not replaced by the sync process.
    • If I delete a contact from my gmail contacts, it is NOT removed from the iPod the next time I sync

Is there some setting I'm missing?
    I do NOT want to use Outlook. I'm currently on a PC, but will switch to mac someday, and I just detest Outlook. I have to use it at work, I don't want to use it for personal stuff too.

ETA: Husband has no idea why it's doing this. He keeps his phone numbers on his phone, and leaves the addresses and such to me. >.<
  2. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Youre just going to have to deal with it.

Its not that big of a problem really.
    ... is it?
  3. sunrider

sunrider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Um, yes it is. When you're talking about 200 or so contact entries that need to be deleted (cause they're people I don't even know) and the fact that new ones are probably going to come in as I continue to communicate by gmail.

I've stopped using my palm because I thought the pod could replace it. Now I'm beginning to wonder if that's possible.