Good time to buy iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DemonDuck, Mar 10, 2008.

1. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

Is now a good time to buy an iPhone?

I have finally given in, and have decided, I want a 16gb iPhone. Is now a good idea? Is there a price cut on the way? Would it be better to get it in June, after the release of 2.0?

I am planning on selling my iPod Touch 16gb to fund the iPhone, so ideally, I need to sell it before a price cut, and buy the iPhone after... but also don't want to be without either for a long time!

lol... I am sooooooo easy to cater for. Anyone have advice?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm waiting till June m'dear

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

exactly the same here

want to see wether there is a 2nd generation version coming out
  4. elrey23

elrey23 New Member

Of course there's a second generation coming out. Probably late 3rd, early 4th quarter of this year
  5. andree

andree New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Dont think there's a new version, the iphone has only been out since last june!Theyll wait for a max of 2 years, plus the iphone is doing great, why would they release a new version??
  6. alirz

alirz New Member

i did the same about 1 months ago. sold the ipod and got the 16gb iphone, i get the best of both worlds... love it!!!!! battery life is very good.. screen is better, Although Touch was very sleek, iphone is a bit heavy and not as wide as the ipod, which i liked about the ipod touch
  7. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

hmm. I am desperate for one now. After watching the keynote about SDK... arghhh

It is quite expensive though, i could do with a price cut!

The only thing that worries me is i'll be slightly afraid of getting it out to call somebody, or even answering it if I'm out in the streets, especially at night in London. I'm used to having a piece of crap phone that nobody would bother stealing if it was left on a park bench.

Also - bit of a random question:

Since it's an iPod as well as a phone, you'd have earphones plugged in most of the time right? Well I normally just wrap the earphones around my ipod when i'm not listening to it, but if I do that with an iPhone, and somebody rings, it'll be very annoying to have to unwrap the earphones before answering.... how do people get round that?
  8. ipod_touch

ipod_touch New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you should wait till wwdc which is sometime in june beacuse apple is going to relase a iphone with 3g and you being in london a 3g iphone would be great.
  9. Mike3300

Mike3300 New Member

Best time to watch for new iPhone is in Sept '08, or maybe early '09, mid '09, quarter '09.

I'm tempted to get the iPhone too, thinking of selling my iPod touch and get it but I'm afraid that my time is too soon when they release a new, better, and maybe same price as what I'm paying for the iPhone currently.
  10. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Once I get a Summer Job I'll be getting an iPhone in Canada once it comes out.
    You can buy one now if you want, no difference than now to June.
    All firmware updates and software updates are FREE on the iPhone.
    Unless another generation of the iPhone comes out then your screwed.

Please Register or Log in to view images