GOOD Texting for The iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Konor, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Konor

Konor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I like to text on my iPod a lot to save money for my real phone. It works, but all the apps I try are EXTREMELY slow, and they are an email or a random number in which the person on the phone has to accept the text to see it first. What I am asking for, is these things: fast (doesnt have to be phone fast, just faster than all the other apps out there because an internet connection is needed instead of service), not email, the user doesnt have to "accept" the text first to view it (ex. Beejive), maybe a quick reply function, but that may be hard on the touch, and lastly, a nice interface. I know this is asking a ton, but it will help many users out and maybe you could charge for purchasing it, but not per text, as that would get expensive.

Just an idea
  2. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Infinite SMS. Simply the best text app out their. It uses a
    Gmail acc, but you don't have to accept the text to view it. .99 it's a steal
  3. Konor

Konor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah but did you read it? Its a email (and they will recieve it as one) and it the speed of how fast the person recieves it, depends on the carrier. Like for example Verizon gets the text a heck of a lot more fast than a AT&T customer, and most of my friends use AT&T. Also, sometimes the person doesnt recieve the text AND it doesnt have a notifier (backgrounder and notifier do not work on this, for me atleast

Please Register or Log in to view images

).
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I also agree, Infinite SMS works great.

I have a friend that uses AT&T, works fine for them.
    As for it running in the background, that's something you really can't prevent unless they add e-mail notification to it.
  5. Konor

Konor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah well it still is an email which is kind of annoying and I would like something that runs in the background and a little better, but maybe it is just my iPod.
  6. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

LOL you do know this is an iPod and not a phone?
    infinite sms is probably the best of the best. save up for a phone and then get unlimited texting! for right now, you are stuck with infinite sms
  7. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i use infinite SMS and i have it running in the background with backgrounder and in cydia i downloaded something that lets the internet work wile its on sleep mode. im jailbroken. its really fast and even though you need an email whats wrong with it? im texting now. its the best=]
  8. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

Lol I love infinite SMS
    just wish the iPod had a better keyboard though...
  9. Konor

Konor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OMG ITS NOT A PHONE??????? I HAD NO IDEA!!!!! No but really..... I guess I am stuck with it

Please Register or Log in to view images

I spent like 20 bucks on texting apps, hoping one of them was good, but most sucked.
  10. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    InfiniteSMS is what I use.