Good RPGs for GBA?

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by xLucky7, Jul 17, 2009.

1. xLucky7

xLucky7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Going on a trip to PA and i would need something to keep me occupied. Anyone know and good RPG games for the GBA (tried Emerald on gpSPhone and not working -_-)? Or like SNES or something? PSX would work too if its actually playable on the iPod Touch 1st Gen (or just give me one that doesnt use the analog stick; i could play it with my PSP)..
  2. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try ShinyGold.
    It's a good remake of Gold and Silver version until HeartGold and SoulSilver come out.
  3. iiX Miami Xii

iiX Miami Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Not sure if you left on your trip yet but if you didn't here's a little list

Pokemon Fire Red (if you get the 1m Circuit board error I can give you a fix for it), Breath of Fire I and II, Final Fantasy VI is a must have, Golden Sun I if you don't mind the world lag(Remember to save before fighting Djinn, because certain djinn crash the game). If you like Pokemon games you can try Pokemon hacks like as that guy stated Shiny Gold, Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series, Pokemon Light Platinum and many more. There's a game I'm playing right now, not really a RPG but still pretty good its called Drill Dozer.
  4. ilovesnow

ilovesnow New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Would you mind posting the 1m circuit-board fix because I'm having that problem and I heard it will eventually mess your save files up or something.

Thanks!
  5. iiX Miami Xii

iiX Miami Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Change the extension to .ini and place it in your vba folder. To get it working on IPot or IPhone just use the .sav file transfer with SSH.

Attached Files:

6. ilovesnow

ilovesnow New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is what I did. First I put vba-over.ini into my vba (Visual Boy Advanced)
    folder. Then I played a little and saved in game. Then i put it in the roms folder and made sure it had the same name as my rom. Then I played the game from the beggining and didnt start it from my .svs file that was already there but it says the same thing (1m circuit-board) and if I start playing from the .svs file and try to save in game it says warning there is another game data do you want to overrite. If say yes and it gives me an error.

I think I am using the sav file wrong or something. What am i supposed to do after putting the .sav file into my roms folder
  7. iiX Miami Xii

iiX Miami Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Are you making sure you Export battery file and not just placing the .SAV file? I tell you what, tell me the which version your playing and the name/sex of char you want and ill attach the files for you.
  8. ilovesnow

ilovesnow New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Edit: nvm I got it to work. I saw a post about patching it with an ips file and it worked.

But one last question. So what happens after the elite 4 if you are getting that the 1m circuit error when you beat them. So like what makes it messed up?

One more question actually. Is it better to save in-game like hit start then save or hit menu and save it in gpsphone. And when your loading your game should I load the .svs file or go into the game and select my profile.
  9. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Mother 3 / Earthbound 2.

There's a fan translation out so you don't have to learn Japanese to play.
  10. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Any RPG games similar to Fire Emblem?