Good price for 2nd Gen 8 GB Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by touch owner in AL, Jul 13, 2009.

1. touch owner in AL

touch owner in AL Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I've only had it for about 2.5 months. Still looks perfect. But my cell contract is over very shortly, and we've pretty much decided to get a pair of iPhone 3GS and switch over to AT&T. As much as I love my Touch, I don't see the point in having both devices. I know I would end up leaving the Touch at home and just using it to play around with after work, but I could do the same on the phone.

So if I list it on Ebay, or try to sell it to someone, what would be a decent price? It is an 8GB model, upgraded to the 3.0 firmware, in perfect condition. It has been in a silicone case since the day I opened it. So not many scratches on the back at all. Screen is perfect. And I guess it has at least 9 months of warranty remaining, if it is for a year from the purchase date. I've seen them sell for as high as $190 on ebay, and as low as around $130. I know my wife paid $230 for it, and $30 for the case. Could I possibly get $200 for them together? That would basically cover my price on the iPhone, which is all I'm really looking to do.
  2. Xx-pFizZLE-xX

Xx-pFizZLE-xX Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    idk you should be able to get around 190 but im not sure. i just sold my old 1st gen for 105
  3. touch owner in AL

touch owner in AL Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I sure hope so. I almost hate to get rid of it, but I just have to be practical and realize I'd never use it after I got an iphone.
  4. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    keep it as a mp3 player for in the house or car... good for storing the movies so your iphone doesnt run out of memory
  5. touch owner in AL

touch owner in AL Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I've got an 8GB Nano for the car. And with 16 GB the minimum on the new iPhone, I don't think I'll get close to filling that up. The only vids I ever put on the Touch now are a few episodes of cartoons to keep my daughter occupied. Unless I know I'm going to be somewhere that I will be bored and want to watch a video, I leave that empty. But with 3G and the ability to d/l them straight to the phone, I can always add one on the fly.
  6. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think when people buy something online theyre looking for a deal so try to keep it as far away from the actual price you can. $149 is awfully close to $150, but if you say 150 people would be like no... so 149 would trick a lot of people.. its like when you see something for 1 dollar, youre like too expensive.. but when it says 99 cents, your intrigued.. use some sales gimmicks.
  7. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it depends what it is for a buck. stupid itunes songs are too expensive and they were too expensive when they were a buck (or $0.99). (i download all my songs from itunes)

i think that most ppl are smart enough to not be turned off a certain gadget cuz of a dollar difference. if its in great condition, you should be able to get 200 (or 199 if you want to) for it.
    BUT if you wait till like november or december, i think you will get just as much and sell it faster because of christmas. i remember when i listed my current ipod around december last year it almost sold for 175 (someone was coming to buy it) before i decided to pull it off the market.....but then again you might be better off before the 3rd gen comes out, its all up to you.
  8. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    sorry man i just stick with my 1G

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. roxanaroxi

roxanaroxi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think u should sell it for $200 or $190