Good place to look for free Icons?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by The Crow, Apr 19, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I have been creating my own Themes and seem to be running out of good places to find good Icons, or if you know how to create them via Paintnet because that is what I use? So anyone who can help me, can PM me or just answer here (thanks). Also anyone who can or has the time to create a simple tutorial for Newbies and the step by step process to follow, with exact detail that we all can understand (that would be great). I am not trying to be rude, and I know you all are busy but any help would be great.

Thanks, The Crow
  2. Dreamtheft

Dreamtheft New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well if you create your own themes you should be able to create your own icons.. Most icons made are for 1 theme specifically, like Picnic theme that has like 500 icons.

I suggest to learn how to use a program like Photoshop or Paintshop or GIMP or one of the other hundreds.
  3. Konqueror

Konqueror New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A good place to look is DeviantArt.com, they have alot under the Icons sections. Just re-size as you need to.
  4. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks, guys but one other thing do you know of any good programs to create your own?? I use Paintnet now but not too familiar with creating on there, but open to ideas?

Thanks, The Crow
  5. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Photoshop would be your best bet, though it is not really beginner friendly nor free. Though there is an alternative and it is free. The name is GIMP.
  6. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks guys, I have Paintnet but I have heard that Gimp 2.6 is better to work with so last night I installed that and will keep you up to date.
  7. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch