Good pair of In-Ears for under $65

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by NinetyFour, Feb 25, 2010.

1. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No one answered me in the What headphones to buy? thread and chung isn't answering me right now

Please Register or Log in to view images

So I'll just make another thread:

I need some headphones....
    Type: In Ear
    Budget: <$65
    Musical preference: Acoustic, alternative rock, punk rock, classic rock, soft rock, a little bit of hip hop
    Headphones preference: Sufficient bass (not overload, but more is better than less) with very bright sounds, also very detailed (I should be able to hear every separate instrument part perfectly)
    Any other details: Remote/mic would be nice, but not necessarily needed. Also if they were noise-canceling that would be nice, but that is also not needed.
  2. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I recommend jvc's marshmallow line, they are only about 25$ and are fairly good and they serve me well. However they do not have noise canceling, mic, or remote. But they are very comfortable and due to the foam tips they do a decent job of isolating the sound.

But keep in mind, I don't have much experience with higher priced In-Ear buds. So a more experienced audiophile's advice would probably benefit both of us.

But yeah if your starting out and don't want to put to much coin into it. The Marshmallows should serve you nicely.
  3. linkiboy

linkiboy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Creative ep630's are usually a good choice in the under $65 range for in-ears...
  4. Crigger540

Crigger540 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Search out the seller on ebay that is selling v-moda bass freqs for $9.99 with free shipping. Then go to radioshack and get some ComplyFoam T-400 ear tips. For a total of $25 you will have some earbuds that kick-ass!
  5. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've had some bad experiences with the Marshmallows. Where's chung when you need him?
  6. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

Chung is not as active now

But for your price range: Soundmagic PL50, Cyclone PR1 Pro, MeElectronics Ai-M6
    Klipsch Image S4 or Head-Direct RE0 if you want to spend a little more for better sound
  7. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for the info guys
  8. Olehk8

Olehk8 New Member

A little more bass than I think you need, but still good quality earbuds, in addition don't get marshmallows, Skullcandies, V-moda, ect... They are cheap for a reason. If you got the money, use it, it's ganna be a better investment (but treat them well, if your really ganna be rough with em', get cheaper ones).

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665774382

Edit: Here is a slightly cheaper pair, with less bass (if you listen to your music loudly, better off getting these, or you'll just have sub-woofers)

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665825627
  9. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Already got some JVC Marshmallows. Thanks.
  10. Volcomstone000095

Volcomstone000095 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What color? I got the blue yesterday.