Good Ol' Canadian Dillema...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DS-Magic, Jul 28, 2010.

1. DS-Magic

DS-Magic Member

So the Iphone 4 comes out in Canada friday.. and here is a slight problem I'm having. I don't know if there is going to be a line up, so I'm going in maximum 30 minutes early to the store, if I dont get it, I dont get it, but I'm trying to maximize my chances, so here are my two choices..

I can 1: go to the Apple store.. The pros are that they should have more in stock / actually have them on the 30th.. Cons: the Apple store is in the biggest shopping mall in my city, always packed / very popular place..

Or I can 2: Go to Best Buy / Future Shop in a much smaller, not as known shopping mall (both stores are right next to one another in the mall). Problem is though, they aren't 100% sure if they're going to have them for the launch or not.

They both open at 10:00AM to the public.. which one do I go to?

Thanks in advance for reading

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You should have preordered on the site!
  3. DS-Magic

DS-Magic Member

hmm. which site? I'm with rogers but I'm getting it no contract.. I think only Bell was having the pre-order
  4. bloodyfart

bloodyfart Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's like $880 canadian with HST for an iPhone without a contract. I'd really like to get one without a contract, but buying a phone close to a grand is pushing it for me :/.

You can't preorder the iPhone in Canada.
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Apple Store. They will carry the unlocked models. I'm going to the Apple Store in West Edmonton Mall because the doors to the mall open at exactly 7AM, and I'm going to book it straight to the Apple Store.
  6. Greatgone

Greatgone Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Another Edmontonian.

7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Haha nice. Are you coming to the Apple Store for launch?
  8. Greatgone

Greatgone Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nah, I'm not in Edmonton for the summer, I move back up for school in August though.
  9. dude245

dude245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    best buy normally has phones out for purchase before launch, i saw an htc magic out a week before the offical release XD.. yeah, apple store sells them unlocked, but picking your favourite carrier is better, the dev team can always give you a soft-unlock, mabye even a perminant one
  10. DS-Magic

DS-Magic Member

Soooo.. I went to Apple, they had about 500 in stock, Best Buy said they had 4 phones per carrier. Waited in line for an hour before the store opened, then an hour n a half after, and now i have my iPhone 4

BTW... The reception is awesome on this phone compared to my old samsung. In my basement I get 4 bars, where as on my samsung I used to get 1 or 2. Holding it in the death grip doesn't do anything at all.