good microphone with headphone jack?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by abandonedbrain, Jun 5, 2009.

1. abandonedbrain

abandonedbrain New Member

i have a touch (2nd gen) and have been recording on fourtrack with this great mic made by blue...http://tinyurl.com/q2xlud VERY cool and decent quality (like a condenser), but...
    the mic covers the headphones jack and defaults to the external speaker. the obvious problem is monitoring previously recorded tracks while recording
    ... not to mention the bleed from the speaker to the mic.
    i was hoping to find a nice microphone (as good as the blue) that had a headphone jack rather than the built in speaker. since i have been unable to find one i thought about wireless headphones (which should be compatible after the weekend..right?) but i'm afraid the signal would still be sent exclusively to the built in speaker on the mic.
    any possible solutions? any help would be awesome. thanks.
  2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    I bought a product called the Griffin Smarttalk

look it up google or wutever

its pretty much a headphone extension cable with a microphone built in to the end. This means you can use any pair of headphones you want and have the functionality of the iphone headsets.
  3. abandonedbrain

abandonedbrain New Member

thanks, g. how good is the quality of something like that compared to a mic that plugs into the dock like the blue mikey? i want the best quality mic i can get.

why aren't there more options people?! i'm guessing this techno too new? i was just thinking that there'd be a demand for better monitoring. regardless, the possibilities of this kind of thing are exciting.
  4. ssbtdoom

ssbtdoom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, I've just bought a Blue Mikey and am going to get SendStation Dock extender to get around the issue you're talking about. Haven't gotten the dock extender yet, but I have a question about the MikeY: does yours stick in your port nice and secure? The mikey I just got keeps coming out and loses connection. It sticks in nice and tight with my wife's iPhone and doesn't come loose or disconnect, but the iTouch just isn't working. You have this problem too?
  5. jbarnes

jbarnes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Griffin is very good quality. I would get that brand.