Good Ipod Touch 2G cases?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mikkie, Sep 26, 2008.

1. mikkie

mikkie New Member

2. pwn247

pwn247 New Member

Those look pretty good. Certainly some of the earliest adopters to the iPod Touch 2G market, as it seems hard to find accessories for the unit this early in it's life. But go for it- they're a little pricey- but I'm sure they'll keep your iPod Touch scratch-free.

And no, the internal wifi adapter will work the same.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. MutherFOO

MutherFOO New Member

I'm still using my first ipod touch case. It's a black incase. And suprisenly it fits the second gen well. Every button works perfect even the volume buttons work perfectly, even though the case wasn't desinged for them. the new curved back of the second gen iPod fits beautiful. It's almost like this case was made for both iPods.
  4. agentphish

agentphish New Member

I've orderd a skin from BestSkinsEver.com for protection of the unit from scratches/fingerprints etc...

I've also orderd a slipcase from Waterfield Designs for it. I am opting out of hard protection for now and we'll see how that goes.

...now to order my 32gb touch...
  5. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i got the Incipio case...
    Should be in my mailbox today!!!!

I think if you wait one day i will let you know how good it is
  6. mikkie

mikkie New Member

Ah, that would be great, and thanks for all the help from all of you so far, now if my touch could just arrive today it would be great

7. Ratslayr

Ratslayr New Member

I ordered their micro-suede jacket which fits the unit perfectly snugly and makes a nice pocket companion without increasing the size. I much prefer sleeves and jackets to housings they stay in 24/7.

The only down side is Waterfield charges $7 shipping on a $9 product, so it almost doubles the price. It arrived in a cardboard priority mail envelope, so it probably only cost them $1 to ship.
  8. fukada

fukada New Member

I got one of those belkin leather folios since it has something that covers the face of my ipod.

$29 was lil' much though.
  9. Fergiej

Fergiej New Member

I can do a quickie review of 2 cases I've tried.

First off, the Belkin Silicone Sleeve. I found the Black/Red one at best buy last weekend. Don't bother. It is absolute garbage. It is a terrible fit. You can feel the iPod slipping around inside it and since it only wraps around on the sides thre's jsut not enough to hold it securely. I had 0 confidence in this one after less than a minute.

The other one I love. The Griffin iClear. It's a 2 piece plastic case. Snaps together very securely. It comes with a removeable belt clip that rotates and can be locked open as a tilted stand. Also comes with an armband that is not the best, but works ok. Comes with 1 screen protector that I totally borked up trying to apply it so i'm not using any screen protection at the moment. The case adds very little bulk to the player and helps me hold it better. There are cutouts for the volume and on/off switches. These actually make the buttons a little harder to depress, but worth it for the hard protection this case gives. I'll try to post pics later if you are interested.
  10. levelchaser

levelchaser Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have a brown belkin case from my old ipod touch and it fits beautifly and i can press the volume control buttons right through the case easily. if u already have an old one just use that if ur picky, or you've never owned one the u should probably get a 2g case

just go to apple.com>ipod+itunes>store>shop ipod>to the left there is a tab that says cases and ppl review the cases there they have loads search for a good one if u want